- Assist Control Account Managers (CAM) throughout the monthly business rhythm of progress and cost tracking/reporting, to include doing any Progress/Earned Value data prep and analysis.
- Review status and forecast dates with CAM to make sure data is correct.
- Review hours charged with CAM to make sure they are accurate. Review Monthly Hours and Non-labor charges to make sure they are accurate.
- Keep track of timecard corrections and follow them through to completion.
- Analysis of past charges and trends including updating the monthly estimate to complete inputs.
- Collect the data needed to show which Work Packages are driving the variances. Enter in Corrective actions from CAMs and follow them through to completion.
- Baseline Change Request preparation and analysis. Attend any progress/team meetings scheduled by the CAM.
- Support weekly meetings to coordinate status from the CAMs and the Earned value management team.
- Support ad hoc request for information on the control accounts for which CAMs being assisted are responsible.
- Manage the input to a master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet production schedule and delivery date of marine vessel(s).
- Analyze production specifications and shipyard capacities to determine manufacturing processes, manpower, material, and tools, etc.
- Determine material, manpower, and equipment requirements to meet production schedule and customer expectations.
- Communicate with craft superintendents to determine status of assigned work.
- Expedite operations that delay production schedules and alter schedules to meet unforeseen conditions. Monitor jobs to ensure they will finish on time and within budget.
- Provide information needed for Earned Value Management reporting and assist the CAMs.
- Regular attendance a work and the ability to work flexible hours, including overtime, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
- Graduation from high school or GED plus three or more years providing administrative support at a high level required; three or more years work experience in a manufacturing environment, finance or planning position desired. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in the USCG/DOD/U.S. Navy or other government contracts environment, particularly in providing program and administrative support to senior level management preferred.
- Requires strong working knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures.
- Advanced level Microsoft Excel experience and intermediate level Microsoft Word, and Outlook required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, general business periodicals, professional documents, Company policies/procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior management, employees, government officials, and the public.