Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Medical Device Scientist
Location: Princeton, NJ
Schedule: 8:30am - 4:30pm, Mon – Fri
Type: Temporary with possible extension
Start date: ASAP
- Create, update, and maintain electronic product specifications. Assemble product Bundle Book/ Design History Files, and relevant documentation to support launch of new products and maintain existing ones.
- Conduct bench-top formula development (e.g. moisturizers, lubricants, etc.).
- Collect and analyze stability data. Report results, draw conclusions and make data-based recommendations to management.
- Design and execute laboratory experiments to substantiate label claims. Coordinate and support testing by internal service groups and/or external testing labs.
- Adhere to and follow established procedures and policies for working in the laboratory designated for the development of FDA regulated Medical Device and OTC products.
- 90% technical knowledge on Medical Device writing and documentation.
- 10% lab work (Experimental Design, and high-level formulation work for OTC regulated products and Medical Devices
- B.S. degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or related disciplines, with 2+ years of laboratory experience.
- Ph.D in a relevant discipline with 0 – 2 years’ experience is acceptable.
- Must have Medical Device experience (any product category is ok)
- Familiarity with FDA regulated Medical Device (510K Filings) and OTC products.
- Able to work on project with minimal supervision and independently. Able to quickly acquire knowledge necessary to move projects forward. Able to work with short and competing deadlines
- Have strong communication and writing skills.
- Must be able to learn quickly
- Will consider candidates with Regulatory experience (e.g. writing for Regulatory Submissions
Summary: Mid-level Scientist role comprising of 90% technical knowledge on Medical Device writing and documentation, and 10% lab work including but not limited to experimental design and high-level formulation work for OTC regulated products and medical devices.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughl 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivbered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.