20.00 - 24.00 Per Hour
This position is responsible for working with multiple areas of the plant (internal customers and external carriers) to safely and efficiently schedule and coordinate a variety of shipments for outbound finished products in a fast paced environment.
- Tactical logistics planning activities, including but not limited to the following: rail and truck scheduling and monitoring, carrier performance reporting and problem solving and ISO documentation.
- Securing and scheduling all carrier/transportation modes each day across a broad carrier base.
- Support the Operations Planning & Logistics Department business strategies.
- Schedule/Monitor Truck and Rail outbound finished goods shipments for Operations
- Work with Finishing, Customer Center and outside warehouses to resolve daily tactical issues related to Transportation carriers
- Schedule and secure freight daily at lowest cost for outbound shipments that affect multiple customers across the world
- Coordinate international shipment schedules with Customer Center/Warehouses/AMM/carrier base and trans-load facilities
- Manage Carrier Performance and Reporting
- Track, analyze and report metrics for carrier performance on a daily/monthly basis
- Calculate and report carrier cost information
- Maintain internal reporting tools for carrier performance
- Problem solve missed pickup/deliveries with suppliers/carriers
- Consult with AMM on carrier requirements and issues (scorecard)
- Conduct carrier performance reviews
- Daily Reporting Information
- Provide Daily Management report out calculations
- Physical shipments versus plan
- Missed pickups/ deliveries
- Pipeline tracking
- Freight Payment Monitoring
- IPS Payment Suspension Resolution
- Best Transport Payment Submission
- Process invoices received from carriers
- Provide connection with Accounting organization for freight claims
- Maintain ISO documentation
- Manage rail car fleet
- Manage rail car ordering process and switch schedules
- Process freight claim requests
- Investigate/Problem solve carrier quality handling issues
- Manage improvement opportunities (DI’s), project execution, tracking and updating
- Provide support to ABS initiatives in the logistics and receiving areas.
- Enable change through employee involvement, waste elimination, daily management/problem solving, and continuous improvement
- Coordinate trials for alternate material shipment options
- Backfill for Inbound Transportation as needed.
*The job is primarily day-shift with periodic weekend work required.*