System One is recruiting a Project Manager Chemical/Waste Program Lead for our client in Newark, DE.
This is a 12 month contract position with likely extension.
**Local candidates only, please**
**Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident**
The Chemical Waste Program Lead provides leadership for managing and handling of waste at Wilmington area sites.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Minimum of 5 year experience in a waste program role either in R&D or in a manufacturing environment
- 2 year degree in a scientific discipline. Equivalent experience will be considered
- Familiarity with EPA, DOT and applicable federal, state and local regulations
- DOT Manifest training (manifest, packaging and shipping), RCRA McCoy Training or similar. Proficient in Excel
- Must be extremely familiar with all aspects of site waste program and regulations, including generation, packaging/shipping, manifesting and reporting
- Expertise with handling highly hazardous materials, HTMs, DEA, CFATS chemicals and related waste streams
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with all levels of personnel (e.g., from entry level to PhD, engineering consultants, and crafts personnel)
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and planning skills to manage competing priorities
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- 8-10 years of applicable experience in the chemical/waste industry
- 1910.120 HAZWOPER Training, Hazmat Technician certification
- Six Sigma certification (Green Belt or Black Belt)
- Provides guidance to researchers and site personnel in all questions related to waste, ranging from non-hazardous to hazardous waste collection, packaging, shipping
- Close collaboration and communication with R&D researchers and managers is essential to success, understanding needs and priorities across multiple businesses
- The workload and activities are diverse and require the ability to adapt to new challenges on a routine basis
- Coordinates waste shipments , signs manifests; this may involve multiple waste/recycling vendors for cost savings and waste reduction
- Ensures all waste is shipped offsite within the 90 day limit
- Completes required documentation including waste manifest logs and manifest tracking. Documents all requirements are met for each material/ shipment, including EPA/RCRA, DOT and OSHA
- Oversees waste vendor providing waste consolidation/lab packing services and 90 day area inspections
- Determine appropriate waste streams for consolidation based on goals and site needs. Work with Sourcing and vendors to determine most cost effective and environmentally friendly means of removal.
- Review, approve and sign profiles – determining best processes for recycling/ disposing of materials
- Completes annual and biennial waste reports. Contribute with corporate and recycling reports, as required
- Responsible for writing, simplifying and maintaining the waste procedures for the Wilmington area, including requirements for sites. Updates and maintains waste training packages
- Determines resource needs (contractor/vendor staffing) and provides technical guidance and leadership related to all site waste matters
- Track waste invoices for all services
- Provide budgetary input to Environmental Leader
- Monitors and evaluates waste program through audits and attending DNREC inspections/audits.
- Drives continuous improvement initiatives to benefit quality of work, timeliness of shipments, safety of personnel/contractors, as well as overall effectiveness of the waste program