System One is seeking three highly motivated Field Operator on a contract - full time basis.
In this role, you will act as the Shift Field Operator for the Molten Chloride Fast Reactor (MCFR) Integrated Effects Test (IET) Experiment, a non-critical non-nuclear pilot unit. In 2022, our client will operate this IET system around the clock with multiple shifts and thus multiple Field Operator positions are available. In the initial phase, 2021, you will work with the Shift Lead Operators to operate a small scale batch purification system to make raw materials for the larger system.
This effort will support the Molten Chloride Fast Reactor (MCFR) program and the operation of the MCFR IET is a critical step in the testing and development of the first reactor to be fueled by molten chloride salts. Your role will include interfacing with a team of >20 scientists and engineers both internal and external to the company. Candidates must have extensive plant operations experience. Additionally, candidates must represent the fundamental values required for plant operation, including Questioning Attitude, Integrity, and Open Communication.
- Operate High Temperature Pilot Systems.
- Operate Pumps, Valves, Heaters, Blowers, Compressors.
- Respond to alarms and problems within the plant and takes corrective measures.
- Monitor and control pressures, temperatures, flow rates, and levels to efficiently achieve desired operating results and ensure proper operation of equipment under current process conditions such as Start/Stop/Rate adjustment of equipment.
- Regulate and shut down equipment if necessary.
- Troubleshoot equipment, electrical and instrumentation issues.
- Follow standard operating and emergency procedures until trouble can be corrected.
- Perform energy isolation lockout/tagout procedures (LOTO).
- Complete System Pressure and Leak Checks.
- Keep Shift Log of Operations.
- Make multiple repeat batches of Purified Salt.
- Work various shifts, evening, weekends, holidays, overtime, on-call as required.
- Wear protective gear as needed.
- Physically perform assigned duties and essential functions of the position.
- Independently plans and carries out maintenance and operations in accordance with established operating methods and procedures.
- Support continuous learning and application of nuclear industry best practices in order to maintain the highest quality of engineering design and proactively identify process change/enhancement opportunities.
- Actively participate in safety programs and initiatives.
- Responsible for reporting on-shift events and abnormalities during shift turnover to oncoming team members.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Two years of experience in industrial plant operations (chemical, boiler, refinery, etc)
- School or Military service may substitute for industrial plant experience.
- Math - basic algebra, fractions/percentages, unit conversion.
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of pumps, electric motors, and motor controls, piping devices, hydraulic control systems, and other mechanical equipment.
- Personal computer proficiency (word processing, spreadsheets) and other software utilized by the company including Control System Interfaces.
- Strong Interpersonal abilities to support team philosophy and strategy.
- Understanding of electrical, radiological and chemical hazards and safety.
- Physically able to perform all duties required which may involve among other things; prolonged periods of standing/walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing ladders and lifting / carrying loads up to 50 lbs
- Ability to climb stairs and work effectively on platforms up to 50 feet above grade.
- Ability to perform and record results of laboratory tests accurately and by required deadlines. Where necessary, able to generate corrective action reports for system issues.
- Read and understand engineered drawings.
- Read meters and gauges correctly.
- Knowledge of tubing and tubing connections.
- Must possess, or have the ability to possess within six months of hire date, first aid and CPR certifications.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Four years of experience in industrial plant operations (chemical, boiler, refinery, etc)
- Maintenance experience in industrial facilities equipment, including motors and pumps.