Category: Industrial & Manufacturing
Job ID: 136121
Date Posted: 01/11/2019
Activation Engineer - Elmira, NY
Reporting to the Activation Manager, the individual will be responsible for technical leadership of a high performance team of Activators. He/she will relay any information or decision that could impact respective activities such as organizational changes, supplier difficulties and
He/she will serve as the primary point of contact for Activators and should have a strong background in client and technical services. He/she will ensure that the activator team contributes to and applies efficiently the commodity strategies.
The candidate will fill a high value and skilled position within the department.
• Monitor day to day the performance and deliveries of suppliers, addressing any issues related to them.
• Provide a cohesive flow of information among Purchasing, Activation and Planning teams.
• Work in a team environment using all available inputs.
• Leverage relationships between Activation, Purchasing and Planning
• Provide a proactive approach to daily activities.
• Work to improve problem suppliers to obtain quicker dispute resolution and shorter delays.
• Develop procedures and processes and ensure QMS compliance.
• Promote and implement internal and external control measures.
• Ensure exhaustive gap analysis and risk mitigation plan built together with project commitments.
• Drive project interfaces with internal customers and suppliers.
• Respect set budgets and drive activities to match project commitments (Modifications negotiation).
• Manage technical aspects of the team and suppliers to ensure deliverables.
• Interface with project team .
• Report, monitor and ensure team performance tied to defined departmental KPI's.
BS in Engineering (electromechanical, electrical, material, mechanical) or equivalent.
Master's Degree preferred in either Engineering, Supply Chain, or Purchasing
Preferably 5 to 10 years work experience in Supply Chain, including knowing and using the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures in a relevant field of specialization or conflict management skills.