Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Analytical Chemist
Location: Ambler, PA
Schedule: First Shift
Type: 6-12 month contract to hire
Start date: ASAP
- Follow standard operating procedures with strict adherence to all health and safety guidelines.
- Assist laboratory manager in preparation of SOP and process safety reviews.
- Participate in and lead monthly safety meetings.
- Ensure alignment between R&D analytical methods and methods used at a range of manufacturing facilities and/or contract laboratories.
- Analyze samples according to established analytical methods.
- Conduct long-term stability studies on various substrates and analytical methods. Methods include: standard titrations (Mettler Toledo auto-titrator), quantification of substrates via various methodology, etc.
- Formulate products (solution chemistry, surface chemistry).
- Maintain basic laboratory equipment (calibration, cleaning, maintenance).
- Record laboratory data and processes in lab notebook and shared electronic notebooks.
- Generate monthly reports for laboratory manager via use of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Bachelors degree in chemistry or higher
- 3 - 5 years experience in a QC/QA laboratory setting
- Familiarity with statistics (analysis and validation methodology). Previous use of statistical software (MiniTab or similar) a plus.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.