Location: Remote position based in South East Michigan
Application Engineer that will be responsible for working with potential customers across various discrete manufacturing industries with a focus on automotive. Primary responsibilities include developing and presenting company software solutions with an emphasis on articulating the business value to get customer buy-in to deploy our solutions.
- Customize demonstrations / presentations to address prospective client’s business needs.
- Work closely with company sales team to manage technical details associated with establishing our company as a preferred solution with prospects
- Lead consultative solution selling sessions with prospects and customers in the RFP, discovery, demonstration, and follow-up phases.
- Provide live demonstrations of the company solutions.
- Articulate company value and capabilities to senior VP, C-level customer audience (vision setting) as well as user-level audience (technical validation)
- Establish trusted solution advisor role and relationships with the key decision makers to facilitate a successful sales outcome
- Provide feedback from field experiences to company’s product management team to improve future releases of company solutions.
- Work with companies professional services team to develop customer proposals, SOW etc. and smoothly transition client from pre-sales phase to post-sales solutions deployment
- Domestic travel required (75% of travel within 50 miles of SE Michigan)
Business Skills Required
- 5-10 years deep domain expertise in Manufacturing processes – Machining, Casting, Sheet Metal, Plastics, etc.
- Automotive Industry experience at OEM level or within the supply chain
- Experience and success in selling high value, long lead time enterprise software solutions (PLM, ERP, CAD, SCM, etc.)
- Familiarity of company products and configuration highly desirable
- Knowledge of typical cost management business pain points of manufactures; familiarity of cost management best practices in New Product Introduction, Quoting, Sourcing, VA/VE a plus.
- Experience in creating business cases and ROI models to justify investment in enterprise software
- Understanding of Business Intelligence (BI) capabilities, integration technology, and databases
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Peri or Python with ability to write/modify existing code
- High level understanding of enterprise software architecture and integration with typical systems such as ERP, PLM, SCM, CAD, etc.
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical, Automotive or Manufacturing Engineering preferred.