Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Associate Scientist - II (Associate)
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Schedule: 8am to 5pm Mon – Fri.
Start date: ASAP
- The Cardiometabolic Disease therapeutic area is seeking to recruit a Scientist that is highly motivated to applying their skills towards the identification and development of novel targets to treat a broad array of cardio-renal and metabolic diseases.
- The most important singular quality we are looking for is a drug hunter that seeks to put patients first as the front and central goal of their research.
- Beyond local connections, you will also be able to supplement your research activities by taking advantage of the technologies within our company.
- The individual will be expected to display independence in the laboratory in the design, plan, and execution of in vitro and/or in vivo experiments and provide scientific and technical input into the CMD portfolio.
- The individual will be expected to balance work on multiple projects in support of our drug discovery and development goals at various stages of the preclinical research phase from target validation through to lead optimization.
- The individual should be highly self-motivated, possess strong technical skills, have strong written and oral communication skills, and be able to work productively in a collaborative and cross functional team environment within and outside of the workplace.
- Relevant areas of training may include one or more of the following disease areas; heart failure, chronic kidney disease, diabetes, with particular focus on insulin resistance as well as diabetic complications, obesity as well as ocular diseases.
- BS/BA degree with a minimum of 3 years industry or academic experience or an MS degree in pharmacology, physiology, pathology or related field with a minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Molecular biology, cellular biology, cell-based assay, and ex vivo sample processing and analysis
- Demonstrated ability to perform standard procedures in live rodent models and to process specimens for analysis.
- Surgical experience in one or more of the individual diseases listed above in the areas of cardio-renal and metabolic disease research
- Experience in one or more of the following areas of drug discovery research: target identification & validation, lead optimization
- High content imaging, flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, mass spectrometry
- Experience with drug administration in rodents.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.