Category: Scientific & Clinical
Position Chemical Operator Pharmaceutical – Full Time/Salaried with Benefits
Location Newark DE
GMP Chemical Operator role in the pharmaceutical industry.
Assist in the accurate and efficient manufacturing of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) in support of the business unit while meeting local, state, and federal quality and safety regulations. Operate and monitor production equipment. Learn to develop individual work plan with the help of the Shift Leader to meet production schedules.
Complete batch records in accordance with FDA and Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) guidelines and business unit Standard Operating Procedures to ensure batch quality and integrity. Maintain a safe and clean operating area according to safety and quality policies/procedures.
- Ensure that all work is performed in compliance with Company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), FDA, GMPs, DEA regulations and all local, state and federal regulations regarding safety, health, and the environment.
- Communicate with Shift Leader regarding safety, production, quality or any other operational issues. Actively participates in pre-shift meetings to assist in the development of individual work plans.
- Perform manufacturing tasks related to the manufacture of APIs in the lab to commercial (multi-ton) scale in accordance to Shift Leader specifications. Includes operating and controlling reactors, electric motors, pumps, valves, filters, columns, etc.
- Learns and follows safety regulations and wear the prescribed personal protective equipment. Assist experienced team members with hazardous materials in drums, cylinders and bulk tanks.
- Operate material handling equipment, such as forklift, drum dollies, hoists, etc. Complete and accurately record data such as temperature of equipment, hours of operations, raw materials, and pressure of large scale reactors in accordance with good documentation practices.
- Maintain a clean production area and ensure equipment is cleaned after use. Ensure support and work areas meet all requirements for housekeeping.
- Assist with maintaining adequate supplies to ensure team has necessary supplies available to complete project work.
- Weigh, measure, and check raw materials/productions to ensure batches manufactured contain proper ingredients and quantities and that accurate inventory is maintained
** Interested candidates may apply through this posting or may send their resumes directly to Donna Faulkner at firstname.lastname@example.org**