Category: Scientific & Clinical
Location: Quincy, Massachusetts
Schedule: 5:30pm - 5:30am (see below)
Temp to Hire.. fast start!
Exciting Chemist opportunity- recent college grads are encouraged to apply!
- Operate, calibrate and perform basic maintenance on the following analytical equipment: gas chromatograph, autotitrator, spectrophotometer, refractive index, pH meters, balances and all other lab equipment and instrumentation
- Perform routine analyses including: Iodine Value, Acid Value, Gas Chromatography, Moisture, Color, Free Fatty Acid titration, Insoluble Impurities extraction , Heat Stability, etc.
- Handle laboratory equipment/instrumentation and chemicals (including hazardous chemicals) using proper, safe handling techniques following the guidance of safety data sheets (SDS) (formerly material safety datasheets (MSDS)), and product safety data sheets (PSDS)
- Maintain accurate quality documentation including: analytical, statistical process control, quality control, Certificates of Analyses, logs/records etc.
- Knowledgeable of fatty acid refining process chemistry
- BS degree in Chemistry or related science field
- 0-2 yrs. exp. (Recent college graduate with Chemistry (science) degree & laboratory experience in school or internship)
- Working knowledge of Analytical laboratory techniques/instrumentation
- 1st month for training M-F 7am-3:30pm;
- Then move to 5:30pm-5:30am 12-hr/night rotating shift with 3 days on, 2 days off, then 2 days on (opposite for week 2)
- Nights would be (week-1) Mon, Tue, Fri, Sat, Sun then (week-2) Wed, Thursday then back to the rotation with week-1 schedule
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.