70000.00 - 100000.00 Yearly
System One is seeking a Compression Engineer for a Direct Hire/Permanent opening in Williamsville, NY.
- To perform, with needed training and supervision, the analysis, evaluation of performance, and design activities related to the planning, construction, modification, and operation of transmission, storage and compressor related facilities, systems, and services.
- To provide engineering support to other groups including affiliated Distribution and Midstream transmission providers.
- Project Engineering & Management – Responsible for managing and controlling proposals, construction contracts, project progress and costs for various capital compressor related construction projects. Responsible for analyzing, recommending and implementing methods for improving the quality of compression operations using expert mechanical knowledge and related technologies.
- Effectively plan, schedule, and manage multiple capital and operational projects concurrently to meet company’s needs and expectations.
- Organize projects in the Company’s financial control systems (Peoplesoft), review and manage expenditures and commitments, and prepare monthly cost control reports.
- Assist Business Development and Operations by preparing project scopes, cost estimates, and execution plans for new capital and expansion projects.
- Extensive work with third-party engineers & consultants.
- Availability to travel throughout New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio and other locations as required. 10% - 50% travel required. Overtime required and extended work hours in cases of emergencies and large expansion projects.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (civil, mechanical, petroleum or chemical).
- Minimum of 3 to 10 years’ experience in engineering and project management involving the design, construction, and operation of facilities associated with natural gas compressor stations, regulating & metering stations, and pipelines.
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Working knowledge of applicable regulations and agencies such as DOT, OSHA, and various state counterparts.
- Familiarity with NEC, ASME, API, and ASTM specifications, standards, and recommended practices.
- Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working with sometimes minimal supervision and/or direction.