Controls / Electrical Engineering Technician
Kansas City, MO
Brand: System One
Job ID: 285423
Date Posted: 01/30/2023
Start Date: 12/06/2021
Provides electrical engineering decision-making skills for customer projects. This includes supervising electrical engineers, draftsman, sub-contractors and other necessary engineering personnel in order to provide a complete turnkey conveyor control system consistent with customer requirements. Works closely with assigned peers and subordinates, the Project Manager, Mechanical Project Engineer, Field Superintendent and Subcontractors.
- Collect and assimilate customer design requirements, needs and specifications for functionality.
- Develop detailed design of control system to meet customer requirements.
- Follow directives of Lead Electrical Project Engineer.
- Develop hardware and software drawings, plans, code and operational configuration data.
- Purchase material as needed for shop fabrication, panel fabrication and field installation.
- Supervise/review sub-contractor work of control system design and field wiring installation.
- Assist in development of detailed project schedule for electrical systems portion of project.
- Work closely with Mechanical Engineering to assure Electrical/Mechanical system compatibility.
- Travel to job site for coordination meetings, planning, installation support, debug, start-up and standby. May include working off-shifts, weekends and holidays to support project schedule.
- Support shop operations / assist with equipment operation and repair as needed.
- Assure that all drawings, software and job project files are maintained and archived at job completion.
- Support company management goals and objectives.
- Conform to all ISO requirements and R&M documentation requirements.
- Support continuous improvement in company operations and process (engineering, shop and field)
- Demonstrate ability to work professionally as a team player and willingness to assist others.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- 50% travel. Travel may last for extended time periods.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned or that become necessary to fulfill the company’s responsibilities and needs with respect to its business.
- A technical AS degree.
- Must be open to 50% travel.
- Must have strong technical comprehension skills to read, analyze and communicate requirements from specifications, drawings and other design input information.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, PLC control software and related equipment.
- Must be capable of working independently.
- Must be willing to comply with customer's site safety requirements and be comfortable working in an industrial plant environment.
- Must have knowledge of system types, their applications and limitations.
- Good management and communication skills working with other departments, customers or their representatives.
- Must have the ability to direct the efforts of others, willingness to follow directions.
- Good communication skills working with and directing the activities of others.
- Strong organizational skills to keep project files current.
- Must be able to pass customs requirements for international travel.
- Must have a valid State issued driver's license, be able to pass jobsite specific drug test, have or be able to obtain a valid U.S. Passport and be available to work off hours.
System One, and its subsidiaries including Joulé, ALTA IT Services, CM Access, and MOUNTAIN, LTD., are leaders in delivering outsourced services and workforce solutions across North America. We help clients get work done more efficiently and economically, without compromising quality. System One not only serves as a valued partner for our clients, but we offer eligible employees health and welfare benefits coverage options including medical, dental, vision, spending accounts, life insurance, voluntary plans, as well as participation in a 401(k) plan.
System One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, family care or medical leave status, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Controls / Electrical EngineerKansas City, MO
Summary: Provides electrical engineering decision-making skills for customer projects. This includes supervising electrical engineers, draftsman, sub-contractors and other necessary engineering personnel in order to provide a complete turnkey conveyor ...Date Posted: 01/30/2023 Recommended
Senior Mechanical EngineerDenver, Colorado
Basic Job Functions: Mechanical Engineers design and develop mechanical parts, components, and equipment and provide engineering, manufacturing, and project management support. Position requires the engineer to perform all aspects of engineering, desig...Date Posted: 01/17/2023 Recommended
SolidWorks DesignerMansfield, MA
System One is seeking multiple Hardware Designers to join our client’s I&C Engineering Team. This will be a six month contract position working onsite in Mansfield, MA. The I&C project engineering team focuses on control system solutions for our nuclea...Date Posted: 01/25/2023 Recommended
Senior Mechanical EngineerNew Orleans, Louisiana
Basic Job Functions: Mechanical Engineers design and develop mechanical parts, components, and equipment and provide engineering, manufacturing, and project management support. Position requires the engineer to perform all aspects of engineering, desig...Date Posted: 01/13/2023 Recommended
Facilities EngineerHouston, Texas
FACILITIES ENGINEER SUMMARY* Responsible for the planning, design, engineering, and installation of new facilities as well as engineering support for existing facilities. Projects range up to $15 million. The Facilities engineer is responsible for: all...Date Posted: 01/25/2023 Recommended
Controls EngineerCranberry Township, Pennsylvania
System One is seeking a Controls Engineer for a well-established manufacturer in the Cranberry Township area. Qualified candidates must have experience writing PLC & HMI programs from the ground up. Responsibilities: Design, Build, and Implement PLC & ...Date Posted: 01/24/2023 Recommended
Project EngineerDenver, Colorado
Basic Job Functions: The Project Engineer will coordinate between production, quality, purchasing, and design engineering with configuration management, design updates, and root cause investigations. Experience: Minimum of 10 years as an engineer Minim...Date Posted: 01/17/2023 Recommended
Project EngineerPortland, Connecticut
Basic Job Functions: The Project Engineer will coordinate between production, quality, purchasing, and design engineering with configuration management, design updates, and root cause investigations. Experience: Minimum of 10 years as an engineer Minim...Date Posted: 12/30/2022 Recommended
I&C Engineer IIICharlotte, NC
Instrument &Controls (I&C) Engineer III Charlotte, NC System One is seeking an I&C Engineer with fossil power plant design experience to join an Instrument and Controls Engineering Team with a detail design engineering firm in Charlotte, North Carolina...Date Posted: 01/12/2023 Recommended
Project managerPittsburgh , Pennsylvania
System one has a outstanding career opportunity for a leading local Engineering Company. We are seeking a Project Manager to provide technical support and project oversight of multi-disciplined projects in our clients Pittsburgh, PA office. Minimum Req...Date Posted: 01/21/2023 Recommended
Mechanical Design EngineerBellevue, WA
Mechanical Design Engineer In this role, you will create design solutions for the conceptual and preliminary design development of various reactor structures and components for the Natrium Generation IV Reactor. Candidates must have extensive experienc...Date Posted: 12/19/2022 Recommended
Sustaining EngineerPortland, Connecticut
JOB DESCRIPTION Title: Sustaining Engineer Reports To: Engineering Director FLSA Job Status: Exempt Hours worked per Week: 40 Job Location: Portland, CT Basic Job Functions: The Sustaining Engineer will support production with design resolutions to dev...Date Posted: 12/16/2022 Recommended
Mechanical EngineerNew Orleans, Louisiana
Basic Job Functions: Mechanical Engineers design and develop mechanical parts, components, and equipment and provide engineering, manufacturing and project support. Position requires the Mechanical Engineer II to perform all aspects of engineering func...Date Posted: 01/18/2023 Recommended
System Design Engineer (Aux Systems)Bellevue, WA
System Design Engineer (Aux Systems) The System Design Engineer reports to the System Design Manager and is focused on the design, interface, and oversight of tasks associated with the Auxiliary systems on the Natrium reactor. In this role, you will ac...Date Posted: 01/24/2023 Recommended
Civil EngineerHouston, Texas
Civil Engineer Summary Provides engineering and project support and for small and medium sized projects, $50K - $20MM. Project engineer will assist with the design of facility, document and drawing control, new project development, permitting, procurem...Date Posted: 01/25/2023 Recommended