Design Control Process Engineer
Brand: System One
Job ID: 288186
Date Posted: 09/20/2022
Start Date: 08/08/2022
End Date: 08/08/2023
Design Control Process Engineer
Our Client is seeking to contract with a highly motivated Design Control Process Engineer that will focus on nuclear plant design engineering process development, oversight and maintenance. In this role, you will act as a Design Control Process Engineer for our clients Natrium Demonstration Reactor Project. The successful candidate will integrate and coordinate with engineers working on interfacing systems.
- Provide oversight to partners and subcontractors developing mechanical system designs for the Natrium reactor.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and implementation of procedures, forms, work guides, tools, and training material related to design control, configuration management, and other engineering processes.
- Identify, raise, and resolve inconsistencies and deficiencies in existing processes and procedures, including initiation and resolution of condition reports.
- Assist area leads, engineering teams, and other project staff in understanding and implementing Natrium processes and procedures.
- Support planning efforts and maintain schedule adherence for design activities
- Provide technical direction and oversight of supplier projects, working with the contract administrator to ensure delivery of data and other deliverables, as well as coordination and performance of technical reviews of deliverables.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- B.S. degree or higher in relevant engineering discipline from an accredited university and 2+ years direct experience in an Engineering work environment.
- Knowledge of quality program design and configuration management principles, practices, and tools.
- Experience in writing and maintaining technical project procedures and training.
- Experience with ANSI/NIRMA CM 1.0 and 10 CFR 50 Appendix B control programs preferred.
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and aspiration for technical excellence.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and possess ability to perform both individually and as a team contributor.
- Experience working to quality standards on design activities, such as ASME NQA-1 or ISO 9001.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, able to communicate openly, and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
- Motor Abilities: Sitting and/or standing for extended periods, bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control (hands)
- Physical exertion and/or requirements: Minimal, with ability to safely lift up to 20 pounds
- Repetitive work: Prolonged
- Special Senses: Visual and audio focused work
- Work Conditions: Stairs, typing/keyboard, standard and/or sitting working environment of >8 hrs./day
- Travel required: 0-5%
Our client’s technology is controlled for export by various agencies of the U.S. Government. Client must evaluate applicants who are foreign nationals (other than asylees, refugees, or lawful permanent residents) in accordance with U.S. Government export control requirements. To facilitate client’s export control reviews, you will be asked as part of the application process to identify whether you are a U.S. Citizen or national, asylee, refugee, or lawful permanent resident of the United States. Government export authorization approval times vary. Based on the business needs for a particular position, client may not consider a foreign national from a country if it is impracticable to obtain timely Government export approval.
System One, and its subsidiaries including Joulé, ALTA IT Services, CM Access, and MOUNTAIN, LTD., are leaders in delivering outsourced services and workforce solutions across North America. We help clients get work done more efficiently and economically, without compromising quality. System One not only serves as a valued partner for our clients, but we offer eligible full-time employees health and welfare benefits coverage options including medical, dental, vision, spending accounts, life insurance, voluntary plans, as well as participation in a 401(k) plan.
System One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, family care or medical leave status, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Nuclear Process System Integration EngineerBellevue, WA
Nuclear Process System Integration Engineer Our Client, an innovator in 4th generation nuclear engineering is seeking to contract with a highly motivated System Design Engineer that will focus on Nuclear Island Systems Integration with a focus on nucle...Date Posted: 10/18/2022 Recommended
Nuclear Physical Security EngineerBellevue, WA
System One is seeking a highly motivated Nuclear Physical Security Engineer. This position reports to the Nuclear Physical and Physical Security Design Program Manager and provides day-to-day support of our client's projects and assists in the developm...Date Posted: 11/01/2022 Recommended
System Integration EngineerBellevue, WA
System Integration Engineer (Requirements Development) The System Integration Engineer (Requirements Development) is a position focused on the integrated design of plant systems, structures, and integrated analysis of the facility. Specifically for the...Date Posted: 09/12/2022 Recommended
Aircraft Electrical EngineerRockledge, FL
SUMMARY The Engineer System 3 works independently on drafting engineering projects, manufacturing assignments, and aircraft design and/or repair assignments. Responsible for complex and difficult assignments that require expert application of engineeri...Date Posted: 11/28/2022 Recommended
Electrical Engineer - System DesignBellevue, WA
System One is seeking to contract with a highly motivated Electrical Engineer. This is a yearlong contract opportunity and can be supported remotely. In this role, you will act as the Electrical Engineer for our client’s advanced nuclear reactor projec...Date Posted: 11/21/2022 Recommended
Mechanical EngineerYork, PA
System One stands as one of the largest outsourced services and workforce solutions firms in the U.S. We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our client's team in York, PA. DIRECT HIRE opportunity. Apply today and start your next care...Date Posted: 11/18/2022 Recommended
Project Engineer - ShockSturgeon Bay, WI
System One is currently hiring for a Project Engineer - Shock position for a permanent position located in Sturgeon Bay, WI. Company is a progressive shipyard specializing in building ships for the United States Navy. We currently have an opportunity f...Date Posted: 10/19/2022 Recommended
Senior Electrical/Controls EngineerYork, PA
System One stands as one of the largest outsourced services and workforce solutions firms in the U.S. We are seeking a Senior Electrical/Controls Engineer for a global leader in York, PA. This is a direct hire opportunity. Apply today and find your nex...Date Posted: 11/18/2022 Recommended
Materials EngineerBellevue, WA
System One is supporting a nuclear technology company based in Bellevue, Washington. At its core, the company is working to raise living standards globally through a more affordable, secure and environmentally friendly form of nuclear energy along with...Date Posted: 12/02/2022 Recommended
I&C System Technical WriterBellevue, WA
I&C System Technical Writer Our client is seeking a highly motivated I&C Technical Writer. This position reports directly to the I&C Senior Manager. In this role, you will act as I&C Technical Writer for Sodium Fast Reactor technologies, including resp...Date Posted: 10/07/2022 Recommended
Engineering CoordinatorBellevue, WA
Engineering Coordinator The Engineering Coordinator is a position focused on the management of engineering design activities, coordination of interfaces between project teams, and facilitation of engineering work planning and team staffing. Specificall...Date Posted: 09/12/2022 Recommended
Engineering CoordinatorBellevue, WA
Engineering Coordinator The Engineering Coordinator is a position focused on the management of engineering design activities, coordination of interfaces between project teams, and facilitation of engineering work planning and team staffing. Specificall...Date Posted: 10/18/2022 Recommended
Civil EngineerNaperville, IL
Senior or Specialist Civil/Structural Engineer (E4/E5) Location Options: Naperville, IL /Atlanta, GA /Ridgeland, MS Known for the technical excellence of its’ employees, our client provides challenging work, opportunity for career growth, and flexible ...Date Posted: 12/02/2022 Recommended
Electrical EngineerNaperville, IL
Electrical Engineer- Senior or Specialist Levels Available (E4/E5) Location Options: Naperville, IL /Atlanta, GA /Ridgeland, MS Known for the technical excellence of its’ employees, Kinectrics provides challenging work, opportunity for career growth, a...Date Posted: 12/02/2022 Recommended
Control Account ManagerBellevue, WA
Control Account Manager Our client is seeking to contract with a highly capable and motivated Control Account Manager. The Control Account Manager (CAM) is a manager within the Natrium organizational structure who has been given responsibility and auth...Date Posted: 10/07/2022 Recommended