Category: Human Resources
Job ID: 149761
Date Posted: 11/13/2020
(6-12 months contract; night shifts)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
• Ensure/provide a safe and healthy environment to our people and to our contractors. Minimize impacts on the
Environment (environmental footprint of operations & management of historical pollution).
• Protect Alstom assets and reduce risks of business interruption resulting from fire and natural catastrophes.
Support Site/Project EHS manager for EHS topics
• Cooperate with the internal resources to achieve EHS objectives.
• Support the Site/Project EHS Manager to perform EHS Risk Assessment and to define appropriate measures to control risks.
• Support the EHS Site/Project Manager to prepare, implement and maintain emergency plans.
• Assist Site/Project EHS Manager to coordinate and control activities with respect of EHS, especially where interfaces are involved with other contractors or operation areas.
• Provide support and advice to site personnel to prevent injury, damage to plant and equipment, fire, environmental pollution.
• Recognize the best practices and the good performance. React to violations to regulations and Alstom Standards.
• Advise other Site/Project personnel on all aspects of EHS applicable to site activities.
• Involve Site EHS Inspections, PGI, SOV and all other required EHS related site inspections.
Develop Site EHS Management System
• Support the Site EHS Manager to develop, deploy and maintain the local procedures and tools and make sure they are aligned with Alstom Standards and international standards (ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001).
• Support the Site EHS Manager to ensure that Alstom EHS standards and tools (AZDP, TOP_E) are deployed at Site level.
• Assist the Site EHS Manager to ensure compliance of the site activities according to the EHS Plan, guidelines
and work instructions.
• Perform EHS legal compliance checks for specific requirements.
• Ensure open close calls, inspection findings are followed by supervisors to be closed.
• Follow daily activities, work permits and monitor corrective actions
• Follow up of temporary resources, sub-contractors, third parties
Develop EHS culture in the project
• Inform, instruct and train employees to carry out the work in safe & environment-friendly mode according to the method of statement. • Participate in the implementation of the site EHS training programs by providing EHS inductions and ensuring Tool Box meetings, daily briefings are organized.
• Animate local trainings, EHS tools and topics
Report, Measure & Review
• Support the EHS Site Manager to capture, report, record, investigate and analyze accidents/incidents
in order to implement corrective and preventive actions.
• Support the preparation of monthly EHS reports. Can be in charge of feeding EHS Teranga reporting
system in line with Group reporting requirements and under control by Site/project EHS manager.
• Carry out inspections of work areas and carry out EHS audits and report any discrepancy.
• Deep strong knowledge of provincial and federal legislation and Occupational Health and Safety requirements.
• Professional experience 3 to 5 years minimum in industrial environment.
• Good knowledge and understanding of ISO14001, OHSAS 18011,ISO45001
Competencies & Skills