Our client, a 60 year old, stable Design and Engineering firm, is seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer to join its growing staff. The Electrical Engineer is primarily responsible for managing all aspects of electrical design associated with assigned projects including control, organization, planning and communication within the company, outside consultants, jurisdictional agencies, and client representatives insuring the efficient, cost effective completion of these project elements: conceptual design development; entitlement design submittals; design coordination of outside electrical design consultants; construction document development; bid and construction support by performing the following duties.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Quality Assurance and Scheduling:
- Ensures that all electrical design related deliverables issued by the company are complete, accurate and comply with both company and customer’s standards and specifications. Approve all electrical drawing packages, exhibits and documents assembled.
- Coordinates electrical design activity and consultants to insure all assigned project timelines are met.
Budgeting, Financial Controls & Accountability
- Ensures and accountable for all company electrical design activities, including timely, accurate design services proposals and change order submittals are prepared and submitted to the project manager prior to commencing work on the additional services, as well as the accuracy, cost controls, budget, reporting, and timeliness of all assigned projects and related client management.
- Maintains cost and budget controls for each assigned electrical design element through systematic management of cost drivers. Conducts timely review of consultant invoicing, insuring prompt and accurate processing of all financial documentation.
- Manages outside electrical consultants’ activities and deliverables as required to insure accurate, cost effective completion of all assigned tasks. No internal supervisory responsibilities.
Project Management and Communication
- Ensures that all scheduled Project deliverables (status reports, meeting reports, site specific reports, conceptual and preliminary plans, drawings, etc.) are issued on schedule to all appropriate client and team members. Provides cost estimates, proposals, schedules and timelines and related deliverables as requested by project manager and client.
- Represents the company and its clients by attending meetings with local municipalities as required. Responsibilities include quality and timeliness of all related exhibits and negotiations on behalf of our clients’ interests, and successful acquisition of all project permit approvals.
- Possesses thorough understanding and application of current building codes is required. Possesses solid technical expertise and competency, and is directly involved in the technical aspects of each assigned project. Ensure conformance with client and company CAD standards, procedures and file maintenance
Education and/or Experience
Master's degree (M.A.) or equivalent and (4) four to (10) ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and petro-chemical industrial engineering experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have expert level proficiency in: Revit, AutoCAD, Design Software, Photometric Software, MS Office Suite,
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Licensed Professional Electrical Engineer in California
BENEFITS & PERKS: