Progressive and highly reputable healthcare company specializing in drug and alcohol treatment is looking for an Executive Director to run one of their largest (Illinois) facilities
Overall responsibility for managing the facility mission and vision in accordance with the company mission and goals. Leads and directs assigned programs and services, promoting continuous improvement in quality, utilization and cost effectiveness. Represents the company to the community, fostering positive public relations and marketing program services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads and directs the overall provision of effective clinical and administrative services for assigned facilities. Establishes and executes short- and long-term plans to ensure innovative, high quality, and comprehensive services. Assists subordinate managers in developing and meeting appropriate goals for each program.
- Develops capital and operating budgets for assigned programs, planning for short- and long-term program needs. Provides justification for planned expenditures in order to secure budget approval. Administers budgets; develops and implements appropriate methods to monitor budgets and resolve variances.
- Builds and retains an effective team of regular and contracted management, clinical, medical and support staff. Is responsible for human resources management for assigned facilities, working with subordinate managers to interview, hire, evaluate the performance and competency of, discipline and, when necessary, discharge subordinate personnel. Assists Program Directors and Clinical Supervisors in planning and implementing employee training and development programs, maintaining compliance with established personnel policies, and resolving complex employee relations problems. Responsible for hiring and ensuring licensed independent practitioners have a current contract, are credentialed and have been approved to deliver clinical services.
- Ensures facility programs and services are in compliance with company policies and procedures, contractual obligations, accreditation standards, state and federal laws. Provides policy interpretation, recommending changes to organization-wide policies and practices. Develops and implements operating procedures for areas of responsibility. Interprets and monitors compliance with division and company policies and procedures.
- Promotes continuous improvement in quality and utilization of program services by reviewing standards and results achieved, initiates corrective actions and ensures compliance with established guidelines and policies for quality assurance and utilization review. Ensures clinical programs and services achieve and maintain accreditation standards.
- Researches new funding opportunities, analyzes data and prepares reports and proposals. Markets company programs by making formal presentations for program funding and development. Leads the implementation of new or revised services, continually assessing quality and effectiveness.
- Maintains and fosters positive public relations by attending local meetings and participating in community functions. Serves as the company liaison, developing and reinforcing sound working relationships with the community, funding agencies, and local organizations. Represents the company at program conferences, official meetings and related functions.
- Serves as a professional resource to subordinate managers. Develops direct reports through coaching, assisting them in setting and meeting appropriate goals, in operations assessment and problem resolution, and in conflict management.
- Is responsible for maintenance of overall physical plant, assuring facilities provide a safe, clean and esthetically appealing environment.
- Develops and maintains cooperative working relationships with the managers and executives.
- Participates on management committees to plan and develop company services and to resolve operational problems.
- Enhances business and management knowledge and expertise through appropriate educational and organizational activities. Annually creates a personal development plan to increase own management skills, abilities and competence.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, EDUCATION AND ABILITIES:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years’ current experience in the behavioral health/substance abuse field.
- 5+ years’ experience in a management role with demonstrated abilities to mentor and develop staff.
- Demonstrated experience stabilizing operations, finance, policies, metrics, service agreements, etc.
- Knowledge of management theories and practices, and ability to plan and oversee business operations while increasing census.
- In-depth knowledge of business practices to lead, direct and evaluate facility activities, to develop budgets, policies and procedures, and to provide effective management of and motivation of managers and staff at a level normally acquired through ten years progressively more responsible, related management experience.
- Strong leadership skills with high level of communication skills necessary to lead and motivate assigned staff; develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with community and funding agency representatives, to market the company’s programs through formal presentations, and to prepare complex reports.
- High level problem solving and analytical abilities necessary to oversee and direct the work of others, investigate and resolve conflicts and deficiencies, develop goals and objectives, and devise policies and procedures.
- Company will pay for relocation costs
- Exempt position
20% Management Bonus, excellent benefits, team atmosphere, very stable and reputable organization