Our Client is seek a Facility Management Specialist experienced within Defense Intelligence or the IC. This role facility management support to assist in the management of daily facility operations, maintenance and repair action supporting the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) specifically the Directorate of Science and Technology (ST) and the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC) senior leadership. Must be able to work in a high-operational tempo environment and able to work independently.
- Conduct routine facility inspections, collect information on facility equipment and systems, and document information in a consolidated database
- Develop alternative methods to establish a predictive maintenance program
- Create and tracks work requests in an automated database, collect and quantify detailed facility assessment information at each location, identify immediate replacement and repair actions, and prepare budget estimates to capitalize aging equipment as necessary
- Review and evaluates customer requests for validity, engineering soundness, cost, best method of accomplishment, and timely completion
- Collect and supports customer inquiries in an expeditious manner, enforces and updates building standards as outlined at each respective facility, identifies facility and control system deficiencies, and recommends upgrades to enhance equipment reliability, overall safety, and security for the workforce
- Conduct routine surveys of lighting, power, air conditioning, heating, plumbing, architectural finishes, safety compliance, building maintenance actions and initiates requests to correct deficiencies and substandard issues
- Recommend actions from personal observation, knowledge of building systems and consultation with customers and subject matter experts
- Determine responsibilities and corrective actions required and recommend whether DIA, contractor and or manufacturer, or other Government Agencies should absorb costs
- Conduct periodic inspections, coordinate engineering planning and project management, and provide Quality Assurance inspections on alterations projects, contractor support, equipment upgrades and materials to report potential contract compliance issues to Government POC
- Coordinate furniture acquisitions and delivery actions
- Review design specifications, details and tracks space utilization rates, prepares weekly activity reports to highlight significant accomplishments, and identifies, schedules and coordinates utility outages
- Monitor and provides routine updates on facility status and improvement actions, reviews and validates utility consumption and building management control software, and initiates requirements for overtime utilities
- Submit formal requirements as necessary to the host installation service provider to correct discrepancies and request services as needed.
- At least eight (8) years of experience in the field of facility management.
- Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility; requires a current Counterintelligence polygraph or ability to pass a Counterintelligence polygraph upon hire
- Familiar with Occupation and Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations.
- Must be able to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs. and engage in potentially strenuous activities associated with management of facilities
- Proficient using MS Office Suite of applications (e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project and Microsoft Access (database))
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills