Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Health, Safety and Environmental Specialist
Location: East Windsor, NJ
Schedule: 1st Shift Mon-Fri
Type: Direct Hire
Start date: ASAP
Growing Pharmaceutical company looking to hire experienced Health, Safety and Environmental Specialist immediately!!
- Oversee all Environmental, Health and Safety Programs- OSHA regulations, Site OSHA VPP-Star requirements, Air, Water and Waste regulatory compliance.
- Work with operations to achieve objectives in alignment with site business goals and values
- Maintain coordination of essential day-to-day HSE & Sustainability activities.
- Develop, foster, and maintain HSE standards and goals through the company and/or project HSE programs, to heighten awareness and promote a safe and productive work environment;
- Participates and is a promoter in the implementation of Process Risk Assessment/HSE policies and practices - be the catalyst for activity and commitment to HSE management.
- Manage Site’s air permit requirements and recordkeeping
- Coordinate data gathering for new equipment air permits as well as air permit modifications including but not limited to equipment inventory and equipment specifications.
- Track and prepare quarterly and annual Batch Emission reporting
- Perform environmental review to ensure new chemicals are allowed under the current air permit conditions
- Administer Site’s Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plan (SPCC), DPCC plan, SIU Permit and other applicable environmental regulatory requirements
- Track & File Site’s hazardous waste manifests and manage RCRA Reporting
- Provide monthly and quarterly SIU Discharge Monitoring Reports (DMR/SMR)
- Support Corporate and Site Sustainability activities
- Manage OSHA Programs which includes. HAZOP, PHA, IH Study, Process Safety, Chemical Risk Assessments
- 3+ years of experience working within pharmaceutical manufacturing
- BS degree in Engineering, or Environmental Science
- Knowledge of EPA, NJDEP regulations
- Highly adaptable, great communication skills and ability to interface with various individuals
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at a given time