Category: Industrial & Manufacturing
HVAC Technician Job Description
SystemOne is currently accepting candidates for a HVAC Technician for our client headquartered in York, PA. Our client is a leader in the custom packaging industry by using extensive printing and lamination capabilities to supply a range of flexible packaging, to meet their customer needs! This HVAC Technician position is a Full-time / Direct Hire opportunity!
HVAC Technician Responsibilities
The primary job responsibilities of the HVAC Technician is to perform as a skilled trade mechanic in the installation, maintenance, and repair of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems and in the Company facilities as assigned. This position reports directly to the Maintenance Manager.
HVAC Technician Functions & Skills
- Maintenance, preventive maintenance, installations, troubleshooting, and repair of HVAC equipment.
- Uses, maintains, and safeguards tools of the trade. Acquires and maintains knowledge of proper utilization of instrumentation.
- Installs, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs indoor and outdoor equipment and control systems for ventilation and fresh air intake systems.
- Complies with all federal and state regulations and directives relating to safety, building codes, work techniques, and methods of performing assigned tasks.
- Completes forms needed to document repair status, orders, etc.
- Reads and understands building plans and specifications.
- Complies with all general Company-wide standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and any job or department specific SOP’s.
- SOP’s may cover the areas of (but are not limited to):
- Employee Health and Safety
- SQF (Safe Quality Food packager) and GMP (good manufacturing procedures) focused on eliminating contaminates in all packaging manufactured.
- SGP (Sustainable Green Printer) environmental regulatory procedures and SOP’s
- Completes work in a timely manner.
- Special Projects & other duties as necessary
HVAC Technician Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.).
- EPA Refrigerant Certification.
- Four (4) years’ of journeyman experience or a journeyman’s license and/or trade/occupational training equivalent to four (4) years’ of journeyman experience.
- Complete familiarity with methods, techniques, materials, and tools used in the installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of heating, air-conditioning, ventilation, and refrigeration systems and sub-systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain mechanical, electrical, and environmental systems and sub-systems including the control and balancing of these systems.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written directions.
- Availability for emergency response and overtime when needed.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail is essential.
- Solder & Braze-weld
- Able to do Plumbing & Lavatory Components, Repairs/Service
- Able to use Acetylene & Propane Torches
- Willing & able to assist with Winter related Snow Removal
- Willing & able to assist with Winter Ice Melt application
- Able to use Pick-up Truck with Snowplow
- Have Certification to use, handle, evacuate/capture & replace Freon
- Willing to assist other Maintenance Technicians
- Willing to assist with HVAC associated Parts Ordering, Inventory & Stock
- Able to do HVAC Mechanical Repairs
- Able to do PM’s, Filter Changes/Replacement, Inspections
- Able to Electrical Trouble-shoot & use Volt & Amp Meters
- Able to do HVAC 208-240 & 460-480 3-phase voltage & low-voltage Electrical Repairs
- Able to use Sledge/Dead Blow Hammers
- Able to use Hand, Pneumatic, & Battery-operated Tools
- Able to use Grinders
- Able to use Drill Press
- Able to use Scissors & Articulating Lifts (will train)