Category: Information Technology
This role provides administrative and technical support for site IT departmental and corporate IT initiatives. The primary
responsibilities of this role are to coordinate the regulatory IT programs such as Software Quality Assurance, Training Coordinator,
IT Department Performance Improvement Coordinator, Human Performance and Safety representative, support plant process
control and security computer systems, support plant cyber security efforts, and support IT change management for the site. This
role is expected to remain knowledgeable of corporate IT initiatives and to assist, or lead, these initiatives, on an as needed basis.
- Supports fleet initiatives and business plan items as assigned. Develops business cases for identified IT Department needs.
- Assumes fleet IT leadership role for systems and programmatic areas of responsibility, as assigned (e.g. PPC, SCS, SQA, etc.).
- Organizes and facilitates IT Department and vendor communications and meetings. Acts as a point person for applicable site IT programs and communications. Monitors IT help desk case throughput and serves as liaison and facilitator between customers and the IT Help Desk.
- Serves as budget coordinator and Contract Manager for IT Department maintenance contracts and material requests.
- Maintains department Corporate Purchasing Card and orders/receives IT supplies for the department. Assists the IT Department and customers in the procurement of IT Services/Software in accordance with fleet procedures.
- Serves as Software Quality Assurance (SQA) SME. Assists customers in understanding and completing Software Change Requests. Monitors software ownership and records requirements in accordance with SQA procedures and initiates corrective actions for identified deficiencies. Participates in fleet and site SQA meetings, assessments, and audits.
- Serves / supports plant Cyber Security initiatives and participates (as needed) in Cyber Security meetings, assessments, periodic tasks and audits. This role also provides change management for the site regarding Cyber Security regulations and requirements.
- Serves as the IT Department Improvement Coordinator (DPIC). Represents the IT Department in DPIC Condition Report screening meetings. Attends Self-Assessment Review Board (SARB) and Condition Reporting Group (CRG) meetings as needed. Evaluates IT Department condition reports for trends and helps drive department open CR count to within site allotment. Collects and uploads monthly IT Department performance indicator data. Develops apparent cause and root cause analysis reports.
- Provides general IT Department support such as leading small IT projects, serving as department training coordinator, performing department website maintenance, and administration of assigned programs and systems.
- Assumes an emergency response organization position and is available for rotational 24 hr on-call duty. Must live within 90 minutes or less travel to site to support this role.
- Represent the Site IT Manager (as directed) in site and Nuclear IT scheduled and emergent meetings (PRG, Ops Focus, Plant Health Committee, etc.)
Minimum education required of the position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience required.
- Desired: Master’s Degree.
Minimum Requirements to Perform Job:
(For the IT Specialist classification)
- 0-2 yearsApplication support, development, technology delivery
- Technical Competence should equal Basic in IT or OT services
(For the IT Specialist-Sr classification)
- 2-4 years Demonstrated track record of relevant technology delivery
(For the IT Consultant classification)
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 4-6 years, 5 years with advanced degree
- Strong track record of relevant technology delivery
- Technical Competence should equal Proficient in IT or OT services
- Excellent Communication Skills, Self-directed. Technical Competence should equal Mastery in IT or OT services.