Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Diagnostic Lab Research Specialist
Location: Princeton, NJ
Schedule: 2pm - 10pm 2nd shift
Type: 12 month contract
Start date: ASAP
Under the direction of a General Supervisor, the CLIA Diagnostic Lab Research Specialist is responsible for performing high complexity tests that are authorized by the laboratory director. This includes specimen handling and processing, test analyses and reporting and maintaining patient test results.
The Research Specialist is responsible for following the laboratory's procedures and maintaining records that demonstrate proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens. The research specialist also performs detailed lab support duties including: lab organization, maintenance, and participation in group meetings and supporting lab members with their projects.
- Perform clinical diagnostic testing of including but not limited to Nucleic acids extraction and qPCR Maintain specimens.
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Maintain records that demonstrate proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications; Monitors test analyses and specimen examination to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance.
- Regulatory Compliance: adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities,instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed; Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance; Adheres to Princeton University's core values, safety and compliance policies and procedures. Identifies problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either must correct the problem or immediately notify the general supervisor, technical supervisor, clinical consultant, or director; Participate in group meetings, keeping up with relevant training information.
- Equipment Maintenance: Support inventory maintenance by monitoring inventory levels of reagents and consumables, providing alerts when needed. Calibrate instrumentation, validate quality of assay, perform cleaning, maintenance, alignment procedures, quality assurance assays, and troubleshooting on equipment
- BA degree and 2 + years of Clinical lab experience
- Background in CLIA (preferred)
- Hands on Molecular biological techniques, like RNA/DNA automated and manual preparation, PCR, qPCR are preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and flexibility to handle multiple time consuming tasks simultaneously in a service-oriented lab.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and an intense attention to detail.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.