Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Lab Technician
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
Duration: Contract to Hire
Schedule: M-F Full Time 1st Shift
Target Start Date: ASAP
To carry out lab duties mainly focused on sampling of produced bulk samples as determined by standard operating procedures and policies
- Prepare laboratory batches for customer formula approval following customer guidelines.
- Working from CRM /Monarch for test requests.
- Performs Specific Gravity Testing and creates basic specifications for new formulations.
- Interacts with production & engineering group. and all levels of quality, planning and manufacturing.
- Follows good laboratory and documentation practices
- Assist writing/reviewing job relevant SOPs for updates
- Maintain files and signed standards as required by GMPs and company rules
- Assist with Quality audits and report findings; suggest corrective actions and follow-ups
- Plan resample and testing activities using the open order report and production schedule as required
- Coordinate sample collection and submission to the client representative
- Provide back- up support to the finished goods Quality Specialist
- Associates degree in a scientific discipline or 1-year certificate from college or technical school; or 1-2 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to read, analyze and interpret common scientific/technical journals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Able to write reports, correspondence and procedure manuals. Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Able to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw an interpret bar graphs
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Familiarity with ISO, cGMP and FDA requirements and Certificate of Training a plus
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.