17.00 - 21.00 Per Hour
- Diagnose and repair problems in such areas as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, major appliances, carpentry, emergency systems, flooring, hardware accessories, masonry, painting/wallpaper, water features (pools, spas, etc.), and waste management systems.
- Complete assigned service requests and repairs consistent with company operating and equipment/supply standards and in a timely manner.
- Assist with organizing and prioritizing service requests and general maintenance tasks.
- Ensure vacant apartment homes are rent-ready in a timely manner. Perform turnkey work as required.
- Maintain company customer service standards.
- Respond to resident requests and work with residents to minimize/resolve problems and complaints then follow up to ensure issue is resolved.
- Apply all applicable company policies and procedures such as, but not limited to company operating and safety standards. Promote safe work practices among on-site staff.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws, specifically Fair Housing regulations.
- May supervise the work of other associates and outside contractors.
- Must maintain professional appearance including adherence to dress code as required.
- Must have 3 - 5 years of experience in property management maintenance and or a related field.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) education preferred
- Ability to read and write English as demonstrated by clear and concise written and verbal communications, the ability to read maintenance tickets and the ability to read and understand labels on containers of cleaning and chemical supplies.
- Ability to frequently use general maintenance tools, supplies and equipment such as, but not limited to, hand tools, pressure washers, blowers, paint equipment, pool chemicals, ice removal equipment, ladders, landscaping equipment, sandblasters, and safety equipment.
- Ability to frequently handle and use chemicals and general cleaning supplies.
- Ability to frequently transport up to 60 pounds variable distances, the mobility and flexibility to use required equipment and to access and work in restricted spaces or at heights in excess of 8 – 9 feet.
- Ability to frequently operate motorized vehicles such as, but not limited to, a car, truck, van or golf cart.
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and climb (stairs, ladders, etc.).
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic skills such as measurement, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to do basic calculations and analysis such as estimating, determining averages and percentages, and totals.
- Ability to occasionally operate general office equipment such as, but not limited to, personal computer, telephone, photocopying machine, facsimile machine and postage machine.