Category: Warehouse & Distribution
POSITION TITLE: Depot Material Handler
- Receives, unpack, verify receipt against packing slip, generate goods receipt.
- Quarantine receipt management/ and notification to the responsible parties for resolution.
- Store materials in Depot, rotation/consolidate parts and updating bin locations daily.
- Pick, Pack, crates and ships various parts/products.
- Operates forklift equipment and inspects daily for maintenance issues.
- Performs cycle counts and participates in physical inventory when required.
- Performs data entry of depot material movements.
- Quality pick and pack audits order line items
- Assure the accuracy of shipments of routine and non-routine orders.
- Interfaces frequently with customer requests for materials; retrieves product and fulfills service requests.
OBJECTIVES OR GOALS:
To provide same day turnaround of receipts, shipping, goods issue and cores movements. Generate and complete accurate cycle counts. Complete all data transactions within the same day. Contribute to a safe work environment.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Performs all receiving functions, counting, identifying and data entry to generate receipts.
- Performs depot functions, filling orders and requisitions.
- Performs all shipping functions, pick, pack, data entry to generate carrier label. Generates International documentation for shipment.
- Data entry of Post Goods issue, transfer posting, and other transactions.
- Schedules and Provides appropriate documents for International/Domestic shipments.
- Some problem solving, and scheduling
- Provide support to Customer Service. Provide immediate service to any inquiry.
- Maintain Shipping supply inventory.
- Observes all safety rules and practices.
- Packaging of Dangerous goods and assists Transportation Carriers with providing Government Documentation and Security endorsements as needed to accompany shipments.
- Performs special projects upon request
- Maintains Good Housekeeping skills