System One is seeking a Material Operations Manager to lead all procurement efforts related to industrial construction projects for an engineering and construction firm in San Antonio, TX.
Position is contract for 6 months to direct hire. This individual will have previous management experience and have oversight over multiple project level material management responsibilities.
- Involved in proposal development to include initial staffing and site design recommendations.
- Develop, implement and audit compliance to standard operating procedures.
- Develop site material management plans and audit compliance.
- Manage project materials mobilization and demobilization efforts
- Interview, hire and develop Material Managers and essential staff.
- Responsible for overall performance of Material Management Staff for assigned projects.
- Performance management planning and salary action review activities for direct reporting staff.
- Assist in developing materials related responsibilities between Procurement, Expediting, Data Interface, Project Management, Client requirements, Partner requirements, and Sub-Contractors
- Interface and manage relationships with Owner / Client, Engineering, Partners and Site Management.
- Support Advanced Work Packaging setup and oversight.
- Proposal development to include initial staffing and site design recommendations.
- Coordinate and report Procurement and Materials Department metrics and performance.
- Travel to job sites / engineering offices approximately once a month.
- High School diploma / GED required.
- Minimum of Five (5+) years of related experience with large/mega industrial construction materials management.
- Experience managing large teams and coordinating efforts between multiple construction teams, such as project controls, administration and construction
- Available for 25% travel as needed.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience with SAP and Oracle.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related
- Experience in material work packaging and detailed work planning
- Experience interfacing with client and engineering entities
- Position is contract for 6 months to direct hire
- Local candidates strongly preferred. There is no per diem or relocation assistance provided for the contract position.