Category: Scientific & Clinical
Job ID: 155787
Date Posted: 09/16/2020
Our client's Biopharmaceutical Assessment group in Cambridge MA is looking for a collaborative, enthusiastic partner to provide planning, coordination and execution of pivotal nonclinical safety assessment and DMPK activities that support drug discovery and drug development programs across therapeutic areas. Primary duties include:
• Primary responsibility for Contract Research Organization (CRO) vendor management, including CRO technical evaluation, contract development, and contract management.
• Assist project representatives in nonclinical study start-up and maintenance activities. Specific tasks include communicating with contract research organizations (CROs) for quotes, facilitating contracts, compound management, coordinating and tracking sample shipments/receipt, verifying invoices, SEND data set coordination, CRO site visits, QCing documents (protocols, reports) and maintaining file systems for accuracy and completeness.
• Assist pathologists in maintaining the site pathology function and completing pathology studies. Specific duties include slide specimen management (receipt, inventory, return), slide scanning, QCing documents and document management.
• Assist in Departments’ finance/contracts/SOWs processes, specific duties include drafting budgets and reforecasts, initiating and tracking master service and confidentiality agreements, generating purchase orders, tracking and processing invoices for payment, and accounting for monthly spending and accruals
• Provide administrative assistance by arranging/executing domestic and international shipments and associated paperwork, coordinating and tracking archive requests, coordinating/planning/recording events, meetings and visitor schedules, and reviewing and processing documents.
Bachelors of Science with study in a field related to biomedical research (ex pharmacology, toxicology etc); AAALAS Technician Certification OR minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry or at a CRO.
Experience in design and execution of in vivo studies is highly desirable. Basic knowledge of the drug development process, and SEND and GLP requirements for nonclinical studies a plus.
Intermediate to advanced proficiency using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Ability to travel within North America up to approximately 10% (CROs) and availability for occasional early morning and evening virtual meetings is required.
Team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment and takes the initiative to identify, analyze and resolve issues.