Category: Information Technology
Compensation Range: 32.25 - 32.25 Per Hour
Job ID: 218632
Date Posted: 04/07/2021
Need to be located in upstate NY or central NY…..if within a few hours of Rochester that would be most ideal so can go into the Rochester office if needed to get equipment or for meeting.
• This position will be going to substations around central and northern NY doing rack/stack/install power to equipment. Power up equipment to boxes. Doing site surveys.
• May be some limited overnight travel, they weren’t really sure on how much.
• Initial work looks to be around 10-12 months, could go longer pending on continued work awarded so there is potential that if go over 12 months and more longer term needs these folks could convert.
• Will be provided a rental car if driving over a certain number of miles in a day (they weren’t sure on the exact miles). Majority of time would have rental car as driving likely daily would be over the limit.
• Need 4+ years working as an installer of transport equipment or someone who participated in design of transport equipment that is willing to do field work.
• Utility experience is a huge plus as this is a utility client.
Here are the key bullets of skills team will be looking for out of the job requirements:
• Solid understanding of AC/DC power principles, grounding, and industry cabling/wiring standards
• Intermediate experience in performing site surveys and evaluating Telecommunication Networks
• Proven experience with installation, commissioning, and integrating Telecom Network devices such as routers, switches, fiber and cable management, and rack power distribution.
• Strong written communication skills especially pertaining to creating reports and installation surveys among other related deliverables.
• Knowledge or experience with, but not limited to, configuration of Telecommunication equipment and networking test sets are desirable
• The following vendor experience preferred: Ciena, Nokia, GE (JMUX)
• Network certifications preferred, but not required such as CCNA
Location: Rochester, NYPay Rate : $32.25 - $34.00/hr.