Category: Sales & Marketing
Industrial / Environmental Outside Sales Representative – Detroit, MI / Toledo, OH
System One has a direct hire Outside Sales Representative opportunity with an Industrial / Environmental cleaning services company covering the Detroit and Toledo, OH region. The Outside Sales Representative will prospect, qualify and develop new business and offer environmental services to new customers. Industrial or Environmental sales background required.
About the company…
The client provides waste management solutions with the necessary equipment, materials, and highly trained personnel. They offer industrial cleaning services that can be crafted to meet any customers’ needs, which includes routine scheduled maintenance, plant outages, plant shutdown projects and emergency response services.
Industrial / Environmental Outside Sales Representative Responsibilities
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with prospective customers in the assigned territory to generate new business for the organization’s environmental services.
- Makes telephone calls, facilitates in-person visits and conducts presentations to prospective customers.
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for prospective customers.
- Coordinates sales effort with sales management, logistics and environmental service groups.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new business.
Industrial / Environmental Outside Sales Representative Qualifications
- Must possess 3+ years’ experience generating new opportunities and managing relationships within Industrial and/or Manufacturing clients.
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving; ability to determine solutions for customers utilizing a consultative sales approach.
- Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software.
- Valid driver’s license.