Category: Human Resources
55000.00 - 60000.00
The Payroll/Tax Coordinator is responsible for the preparation, processing and filing of payroll and taxes. The incumbent will ensure compliance with internal controls and be accountable for answering questions from employees and company leadership on payroll too. The Payroll/Tax Coordinator is responsible for working with a third-party administrator on 401(k) loans, elections and any issues, as well as working with the third-party administrator on the flexible spending account (FSA).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Administers processing of payroll scheduling, including special payrolls, and payroll processing with business units to ensure quality and accurate pay processing;
- Audits payroll information for accuracy;
- Garnishments: Enter, maintain and balance garnishments each pay period; prepare and transmit child support payments using Payment Services; and print 3rd party garnishment checks and mail;
- Keeps up to date on garnishment/support laws;
- Prepares ACH files and transmit to financial institutions to ensure timely direct deposit of paychecks;
- Prepares and transmits payroll taxes to tax service provider to ensure timely payment;
- Runs and submits payroll exports to plan providers with each payroll, while ensuring quality, and troubleshooting errors;
- Transmits/uploads monthly and quarterly 401(k) employer contributions to the system and benefit plan provider’s website;
- Provides administration support for the payroll;
- Creates and maintains system payroll calendars to assure payroll period dates, paycheck date, and holidays are accurate for use with time and attendance;
- Provides support for year-end and quarterly activities;
- Prepares and maintains payroll reports;
- Serves as backup for the Director of HRIS/Payroll and HRIS/Payroll Coordinator as necessary;
- Performs other duties for Payroll/HR Department as assigned;
- Attends job related conferences/seminars/webinars to maintain level of knowledge current with the changing environment and support business units’ efforts to remain current;
- Abides by all Company policies and procedures including safety regulations and work rules;
- Maintains confidentiality at the highest levels; and
- Meets attendance requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of payroll systems and human resources information systems;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at the highest level;
- Demonstrated attention to detail and excellent problem-solving ability to gather and analyze information skillfully and identify and resolve problems in a timely manner;
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills to respond promptly and meet customer needs and work well in a team environment;
- Strong organizational and time management skills to maintain records and information and manage competing priorities with supervision; and
- Math ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, compensation, prorations, and percentages, apply concepts of business math, and present numerical data effectively.
- Produce high level of quality and accuracy with work and operate with integrity and ethically;
- Possess strong work ethic and sense of urgency in executing responsibilities;
- Detail and results- oriented with a strong desire to succeed; and
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
Education & Experience:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required;
- A minimum of five (5) years of payroll and tax experience required; and
- Must have experience processing payroll, garnishments, and taxes.
- UKG software experience and/or Canadian payroll is a plus.
- Experience with merger and acquisition transactions is a plus.