Category: Scientific & Clinical
System One is recruiting a Photovoltaic and Advanced Materials Technician for our client in Wilmington, DE.
This is a 6 month contract assignment with likely extension.
*Local Candidates Only*
*Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident*
The PVAM Technician will support ongoing efforts in formulation of developmental conductor and dielectric compositions for Advanced Materials and/or PV. Demonstrated drive and initiative, excellent interpersonal and team working skills are all important to this position as well as flexibility due to priority shifts and customers’ needs changing.
- Associates degree in a scientific field, i.e. chemistry, chemical engineering, ceramics, metallurgy or materials science
- Detailed work in paste screen printing and testing is required
- Computer skills in spreadsheets and statistical data analysis, knowledge of chemistry or materials science and the ability to work with electronic test equipment are desired
- Demonstrated capability to work in an industrial R&D laboratory is required
- Good time management skills
- Ability to prioritize work on multiple tasks
- Commitment to work safely in accordance with Company practices and to follow SOP's in conformance with safety and quality standards required
- Data analysis that is matched with careful process observations and report writing required
- Training in paste printing and testing protocols will be provided
- Assist technical personnel in general laboratory operations, routine laboratory and information handling tasks in support of scientific research
- Perform tasks according to accepted methods and receive training prescribed by the work group
- Learning and operating under safety practices and SOP's
- Measure paste properties (grind gauge, viscosities, and solids)
- Formulate pastes to meet viscosity and solids standards
- Screen printing of pastes onto appropriate substrate
- Dry, cure and/or fire
- Testing of electrical and mechanical properties
- Analyzing and reporting data