Title: Process Engineer
Hours: Full Time, M-F, 1st shift, some flexibility needed
Location: Monmouth Junction, NJ
- Member of Process Engineering/Maintenance team in support of daily and long term production goals.
- Apply lean manufacturing techniques to design, specify, and validate world-class manufacturing processes to achieve cost, quality, and capacity goals. Directs and assists in the use of these techniques and tools to reduce waste and improve overall productivity.
- Manage chemical/mechanical or electrical/mechanical process scale up projects.
- Manage IQ/OQ/PQ processes for installation of new equipment and processes.
- Drives the completion of root cause analysis exercises to understand long term improvement needs to address both equipment efficiency and quality defect reduction. Manages and communicates the completion of these identified action items.
- Establish metrics to develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods and processes
- Contribute projects and ideas towards plant cost savings program and help drive successful achievement of established goal
- Drives positive results through periodic meetings to review performance improvements with production management
- Lead the process definition on new production lines and major equipment upgrades during installation and start up.
- Continually re-evaluates and adjust plans based on changing business priorities to attain required results. Adapts & leads change and constructively supports ongoing improvement philosophy throughout the company.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related manufacturing field or equivalent years of experience; chemical engineering or electrical engineering highly desirable.
- 5+ years of applied professional experience working in process engineering or related manufacturing field preferably for a medical device or pharmaceutical company
- Hands on approach to problem solving and project execution
- Ability to form and lead cross functional teams
- Capital project management experience
- Working knowledge of PLC based control systems
- Experience designing and installing PLC based control systems
- Comprehension of the machinery and mechanical functions of an operation.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Experience working in medical device or pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities
- Working knowledge of O.S.H.A./EPA/DEP laws and regulations within the manufacturing field.
- Standard knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.