System One has an exciting full time / direct hire opportunity for a Process Engineer, Fuel Design in Bellevue, WA.
This position will work with a high functioning team of engineers to support the timely fabrication and supply of fuel assemblies to a reactor project with our Client company. The role will focus on finalizing manufacturing processes for fuel fabrication steps and processes. The candidate will develop manufacturing processes, review existing manufacturing processes, design and select suitable fabrication equipment and work with vendors to get the equipment built and delivered. The position will develop testing requirements and a qualification plan to be followed by conducting equipment and process qualification with assistance from the testing department. The work requires coordination with internal and external suppliers and partners.
The candidate will leverage the qualification work mentioned above and support final manufacturing process testing and qualification at a supplier’s fuel fabrication facility. This may include proposing and implementing process improvements and troubleshooting as needed.
- Support development and finalization of an implementation plan for project fuel supply
- Direct various process equipment selection, procurement, installation, and qualification activities with an emphasis on induction casting of metal fuel slugs.
- Work with an interdisciplinary team of engineers along with Quality, Licensing and suppliers to establish and support execution of the detailed qualification plan for fuel and core components consistent with quality and licensing requirements.
- Prepare and present information related to the qualification plan for internal and external audiences as needed.
- Coordinate and oversee suppliers in design and commissioning of production equipment in a fuel fabrication facility as well as initial production surveillance as needed.
- Support other project related activities as needed.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in an applicable field of Engineering or Science; Advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of related Fuel Design experience.
- Experience managing resources and with project management desirable.
- Experience working in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Experience in the nuclear fuel field is desirable
- Experience in process equipment selection, design, and qualification
- Experience with the injection casting manufacturing process high preferred
- Experience in working with suppliers or partners
- Ability to work with a multidisciplinary team of engineers and scientists in a project environment.
- Ability to handle projects that include multiple objectives and ability to resolve conflicts between objectives.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently during a given work week.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated safety conscience approach to work.
- Ability to work independently to solve challenging research and development problems.
- Possess ability to work on tasks that require a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Experience in performing design activities to applicable requirements such as NQA-1, ASME B&PV, AWS, 10 CFR 50, Appendix B, or equivalent is desirable.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products is required.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trustworthiness and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.