Category: Warehouse & Distribution
13.00 Per Hour
Production Associate/ Machine Operator
Hours: 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Pay Rate: $13/hr.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fabricates insulation product, meeting or exceeding established standards by means that may include assembly operations and/or complex machinery.
- Produces Product by use of machine.
- Assures operational status of machine at beginning of shift
- Via computer, reviews production work orders to determine type and quantity of production materials needed.
- Sets up appropriate equipment making necessary adjustments/loads/feeds material into machine.
- Removes finished product from machine.
- Loads finished product into appropriate shipping containers.
- Maintains accurate count of parts packed.
- Assures quality by comparison of finished product with print or template.
- Inspects completed cartons at end of each job run to assure they are labeled in accordance with work traveler.
- Removes dies not required for next job run.
- Cleans and inspects die.
- Reports any damage to Supervisor.
- Returns die to proper location on die rack.
- Vacuums and cleans work center thoroughly.
- Scans in actual run time, including set-up time.
- Maintains Machine.
- Produces product by Assembly.
- Other Duties.
- Packs finished goods by use of compression equipment.
- Operates oven.
- Operate trash compactor.
- Actively participates in QP3/Lean manufacturing initiatives
- Any other duties as requested
- High school diploma or equivalent general education degree required.
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions, read a ruler to within 1/16 of an inch and accurately use a calculator.
- Accurately complete basic math skills including calculating linear/square footage and work with fractions.
- Use a computer to understand blueprints and read work orders.
- Normal manual dexterity and vision, with or without correction.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds on a regular basis, with or without the use of material handling equipment.
- Previous manufacturing/machine operation experience preferred.
Once converted to perm, company is proud to offer a competitive pay and comprehensive benefit package, including 401K Profit Sharing Plan with company match, medical/dental/long term disability insurance, paid time off, to name a few!