System One; is working with a major utilities client who are currently looking to hire a Project Controls Specialist - Scheduler to work on a long-term contract basis based out of their facility in Chattanooga, TN starting ASAP!
Project Controls Specialist
- Project cost estimating, scheduling & milestone tracking
- Perform project controls from initiation to closure through change requests
- performance tracking & cost management in support of project managers
- Provide project reports to inform project managers of the impact of forecasted or actual changes to budgets, spend plans & schedules
- Process change requests from both internal & external organizations to manage changes to projects
- Perform work planning & project control assignments including status, variances, progress, indicator tracking & controlling changes
- Create & update P6 schedules from established templates
- Provide look ahead reports & notify project managers when activities are not on track
- Update & review P6 schedule on a daily/weekly basis
- Maintain project and implementation schedules through utilization of Primavera P6, tracking critical path activities, assuring proper durations and constructability in order to assure project success
- Participate in Joint Project Teams during the project lifecycle
- Perform risk analysis for large capital projects, identifying contingency required and schedule risk in order to provide mitigants before implementation.
- Participate in project schedule review meetings and scheduling sessions during scoping workshops
- Conduct special studies, for example: project forecasting, O&M projects, etc.
- Provide written project closure notifications.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management or related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- A minimum of 8- years of direct project controls experience.
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and analytically, and make quick and sound decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Primavera P3, and P6.
Our client is looking for someone that they can consider Sr. Level that is able to hit the ground running. You should preferably have nuclear experience and know both P3 and P6. The projects will include turbine and transformer replacements as well as tritium production. It is initially a 1 year contract, but that is expected to be renewed annually. The ideal candidate is a project scheduler rather than an outage or daily scheduler and will be working in a team environment.
For immediate consideration, please send resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org