Mortgage Banker is looking for a Remote DE Underwriter
The Remote DE Underwriter will evaluate residential loan application packages and determine program eligibility and credit worthiness of consumer.
- Underwrite residential mortgage loans in accordance with FNMA, FHLMC, FHA and VA internal guidelines ensuring compliance with company and investor standards
- Review and analyze borrower profiles, credit reports, title reports, income documentation and assets, including complex business returns.
- Review appraisals for accurate property valuation
- Demonstrate proficiency in automated underwriting applications and ability to assess results
- Manage individual pipeline on a daily basis by completing new underwriting reviews, condition reviews and other underwriting tasks within established turn times.
- Communicate with processing and sales to provide updates, clarification on outstanding conditions and deficiencies identified on loans, and to assist in interpreting underwriting guidelines
- Discuss marginal loans with Underwriting Manager before suspending or declining a file
- Works with the post-closing team to resolve any issues
- Provide loan scenario support to sales and processing teams
- Perform condo project reviews
Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of 6 years recent full time Mortgage Underwriting experience
- DE a must, VA LAPP/SARS a plus
- Proficiency with DU and LP, FHA Connection and VA Portal
- Knowledge of FHMA, FHLMC, FHA and VA guidelines
- Self-starter, self-reliant, dependable, ability to meet specific time restraints
- Flexibility in decision making with strong problem-solving skills
- Customer service driven
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
Negotiable Hourly Base, Generous Per File Bonuses (start immediately), Paid Overtime, very stable company, great team, benefits and perks.