Research Associate II
Category: Scientific & Clinical
Job ID: 293535
Date Posted: 11/23/2022
Start Date: 12/01/2022
End Date: 11/30/2023
Title: Research Associate II
Location: Bothell, WA
Start date: ASAP
- Seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Research Associate II who will be learning how to utilize kinetic protein-protein binding techniques using biolayer interferometry (BLI) and surface plasmon resonance (SPR) to support the binding kinetic needs of the Research department.
- Conduct protein binding kinetic experiments and analyze results leading to the development of drug substances and drug products. Process data and present findings to relevant parties. Prepare technical reports to summarize findings. Manage and track binding requests and samples.
- This position will provide an excellent opportunity to gain hands on experience in contributing to the drug development process in an industry setting.
- Design and perform protein-protein binding kinetic experiments using BLI and SPR.
- Analytical characterization of proteins via analytical SEC, mass spectrometry, SDS-PAGE, UV-Vis, intrinsic fluorescence, or related techniques.
- Label recombinant proteins.
- Process proteins including buffer exchange, protein concentration adjustment, aliquoting, and storage.
- Manage and track binding requests and samples.
- Data analysis, report generation, and presentation of results.
- Document all work in an electronic laboratory notebook.
- Balance workload and changing priorities to efficiently contribute to kinetic research collaborations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or MS in Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biological Sciences or a related discipline.
- 2-4 years of experience with plate-based protein binding assays (kinetics, ELISA, or Flow Cytometry) in the academic setting or biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience with performing plate-based assays or protein binding assays such as binding kinetics (Biacore/Octet), ELISA, or Flow Cytometry.
- Strong understanding of experimental design and familiarity/experience with basic biochemical principles and techniques.
- Strong attention to detail while following protocols and with data representation.
- Commitment to high quality analysis and documentation with the ability to organize, analyze and interpret, and effectively communicate individual results.
- Ability to perform routine tasks independently, more advanced tasks under direction and complete work as part of a team.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of experience with performing and designing kinetic binding assays on Octet, Biacore, Carterra, or other related protein kinetics instruments.
- Strong understanding of sensorgram analysis theories.
- Tracking inventory and/or requests through computer systems or excel sheets.
- Basic knowledge of antibody biochemistry, understanding of immunological functions and systems.
- Experience with labeling proteins with a small molecule like biotin.
System One, and its subsidiaries including Joulé, ALTA IT Services, CM Access, and MOUNTAIN, LTD., are leaders in delivering outsourced services and workforce solutions across North America. We help clients get work done more efficiently and economically, without compromising quality. System One not only serves as a valued partner for our clients, but we offer eligible full-time employees health and welfare benefits coverage options including medical, dental, vision, spending accounts, life insurance, voluntary plans, as well as participation in a 401(k) plan.
System One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, family care or medical leave status, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Research Associate III Cancer BiologyBothell, WA
Title: Research Associate III Cancer Biology Location: Bothell, WA Start date: ASAP Responsibilities: Seeking a Research Associate to participate in the development of drug programs. This role is within the Target Discovery Research (TDR) team and enta...Date Posted: 11/21/2022 Recommended
Principal ResearcherExton, Pennsylvania
Title: Principal Researcher Location: Exton, PA Start date: ASAP Responsibilities: This research position will utilize tissue culture and molecular biology techniques to generate novel antibodies, bispecific antibodies, antibody drug conjugates, and th...Date Posted: 09/27/2022 Recommended
Research AssociateExton, PA
Title: Research Associate Location: Exton, PA Schedule: Standard Business Hours Type: Contract to Hire Start date: Mid-December Start Responsibilities: Perform basic molecular biology and DNA purification techniques; cell transfection and basic cell cu...Date Posted: 11/18/2022 Recommended
Sr Research AssociateBridgewater, New Jersey
Title: Sr. Research Associate Location: Bridgewater NJ Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm Start: ASAP Responsibilities: The candidate will support the research team to investigate therapeutics for the treatment of inflammatory or autoimmune diseases in va...Date Posted: 09/29/2022 Recommended
Technology Transfer Scientist IIRaritan, New Jersey
Title: Technology Transfer Scientist II Location: Raritan, NJ Start date: ASAP Responsibilities: The individual is responsible for the execution of the process transfer and launch implementation activities associated with the introduction of new produc...Date Posted: 11/18/2022 Recommended
EHS Specialist IIIBothell, WA
Title: EHS Specialist III Location: Bothell, WA Start date: ASAP Responsibilities: Drive the use of the EHSS Risk Management Standard to ensure the program is established, current, accurate, compliant, and effective. Broaden the use of the Risk Managem...Date Posted: 11/23/2022 Recommended
Research ScientistSan Diego, California
Title: Research Scientist Location: San Diego, CA Start date: ASAP Responsibilities: The Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology Group in Oncology TRC focuses on delivering novel cancer therapeutics by engaging E3 ubiquitin ligases for targeted protein deg...Date Posted: 11/03/2022 Recommended
Clinical Study Associate IIBasking Ridge, New Jersey
Title: Clinical Study Associate II Location: Basking Ridge, NJ Start date: ASAP Responsibilities: Assist in planning and execution of clinical studies, under the supervision of the Study Manager role the Study Associate Manager within Clinical Operatio...Date Posted: 10/28/2022 Recommended
Stability Program Management ManagerBothell, WA
Title: Stability Program Management Manager Location: Bothell, WA Start date: ASAP Responsibilities: The Stability function is part of the Quality Control unit and is responsible for the design, governance, and operation of harmonized, compliant, and s...Date Posted: 11/22/2022 Recommended
Quality Assurance SpecialistBothell, WA
Title: QA Specialist Location: Bothell, WA Start date: ASAP Responsibilities: The QA Specialist is a full-time position responsible for providing oversight and guidance for assigned quality systems and compliance activities across the Juno Manufacturin...Date Posted: 11/09/2022 Recommended
R&D Associate Analytical Formulation DevelopmentTarrytown, NY
Title: R&D Associate Analytical Formulation Development Location: Tarrytown, NY Duration: Contract Schedule: M-F Full Time Responsibilities: Support and contribute to the development, optimization and qualification of analytical methods used in the IND...Date Posted: 11/18/2022 Recommended
Histotechnician IIOro Valley, AZ
Job Title: Histotechnician II Contract Length: 6 mos Number of Openings: 1 Job Description: Supports the functions of histology in the performance of routine histotechniques and maintains high level of professional expertise through familiarity with ad...Date Posted: 11/23/2022 Recommended
Scientific Communications ManagerBothell, WA
Title: Scientific Communications Manager Start date: ASAP Responsibilities: The Manager, Scientific Communications will serve as a key contributor within the strategic Scientific Communications function. This individual will lead internal and external ...Date Posted: 11/22/2022 Recommended
Process Development Senior ScientistLower Gwynedd, PA
Job Title: Process Development Senior Scientist Location: Lower Gwynedd 19002 Type: Direct Hire Shift/Schedule: M-F 9-5pm Start Date: ASAP Responsibilities: Perform analytical testing on process development samples using U-HPLC, qPCR, and ELISA Lead th...Date Posted: 11/21/2022 Recommended
Designer - IIPhillips, WI
Designer- II Phillips, WI System One is currently seeking a Designer – II on a 12-month contract position located in Phillips, WI. Designer- II Responsibilities: The primary responsibility of this position is to function as the primary contact for futu...Date Posted: 11/14/2022 Recommended