Category: Scientific & Clinical
Job Title: Research Associate
Location: Brisbane, CA
Schedule: First Shift
Start date: Immediate
- Participates in the planning and design of in vivo studies.
- Independently executes tumor model development, pharmacokinetic and efficacy studies with high reproducibility and attention to detail. Responsible for implantation of tumor cells, administration of study compounds, data collection (tumor size and body weight measurements), health monitoring, tissue collection, and study report authoring and presentation of data internally.
- Makes detailed study observations, collects and analyzes data, interprets results, and presents results at internal research meetings.
- Engages in problem solving and the identification and development of new methodologies to improve efficiencies and expand capabilities.
- Performs minor surgical or technical procedures, including but not limited to, tumor and organ resection, collection of urine and blood for biochemical and molecular analysis, immunizations, and necropsies.
- Prepares tissues and delivers to collaborators for downstream research studies.
- Procurement of animals and supplies, maintenance of the facility and equipment, conducts animal husbandry and daily animal health checks.
- Executes a range of laboratory experiments efficiently, and with high reproducibility, including sample preparation, mammalian cell culture and in vitro bioassays in support of research projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline with minimum of two years of related animal modeling experience
- Minimum of two years of related animal modeling experience required.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Experience and technical proficiency in handling rodents including restraining, identifying mice, tumor measurements via calipers, administering test articles and medications (intravenous, intraperitoneal, and orally), performing blood collection, tumor and organ resection, necropsy, and euthanasia.
- Experience with immunodeficient mice and genetically engineered mouse models.
- Experience with aseptic mammalian cell culture, molecular biology and biochemistry techniques.
- Capacity to work in a team and communicate with management in a fast-paced research environment.
- Ability to keep detailed and accurate notebooks and computer records and maintain/update data in computer-based applications/databases (Microsoft applications, Prism, Study Director).
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills, and ability to present results in a group setting.
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail, ability to use good judgment.
- Knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures for animal facilities and the basic requirements for maintaining laboratory animals according to IACUC approved protocols.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.