Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Protein Chemist
Location: Beltsville, MD
Type: Full Time, Salaried with Benefits
Start Date: Immediate
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and committed to continually improve and build their capabilities, efficiency and practical use of cutting edge technology! For immediate consideration please email Jessica Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- BS or MS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field
- 2-8 years of relevant industry experience in analytical method development; protein drug formulation, characterization of protein-based therapeutics
- Have an in-depth and working knowledge of protein chemistry and biophysical concepts involved in characterization and formulation of proteins (esp. glycosylated proteins).
- Have strong technical skills in formulation sciences, analytical method development and qualification in regulated environment.
- Have experience using/interpreting date from materials chemistry equipment such as Karl-Fisher, AA, ICP, GC, IR, FTIR, TOC, QUELS, NMR, MS, MALS/DLS, HIAC, FTIR Microscope, Polarimeter, etc.
- Have experience in authoring technical reports and analytical sections of regulatory filings
- Experience in glycan analysis and carbohydrate chemistry.
- Be an integral contributing leader in all aspects of biopharmaceutical CMC development including analytical method development, protein characterization, biophysical analysis, protein formulation, compatibility studies, analytical comparability and fill-finish development activities.
- Development and qualification of analytical methods to evaluate product quality (e.g. SDS-PAGE; cGE & CIEF; HPLC/UPLC methods such as SEC, SEC-MALS, IEX, CEX, RP-HPLC, ELISA, Octet/Biacore, etc.).
- Protein/Glycan characterization support for GMP manufacturing, process development, and stability studies.
- Pre-formulation and formulation studies (Liquid and Lyo) including fill and finish development.
- Take a leadership role in immune pathway binding partner discovery and validation.
- Lead internal discussions regarding protein chemistry and biophysics, author technical reports, author analytical sections of INDS, present scientific data at meetings, build and maintain a culture of responsibility and accountability.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.