Security Engineer with CBP BI
Category: Information Technology
Brand: ALTA IT Services
Compensation Range: 120000.00
Job ID: 301483
Date Posted: 05/26/2023
Per client requirement, active Customs Border Patrol Background Investigation (CBP BI) or recently deactivated CBP BI is required (deactivated within the last year).
We are currently seeking a Security Engineer with a software development background. This is a full-time, permanent position (may consider contractors). This is mostly a remote role, however, candidates must work onsite in Ashburn, VA 1-2 days per month. Local candidates only to the DMV (may consider non-locals).
Candidates must have an active or recently deactivated CBP BI (within the last year). Per client requirement, candidates must be US Citizens.
The Security Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing and managing security solutions to protect an organization's digital assets. You will work closely with other IT teams to identify security risks and develop security strategies to mitigate those risks. Candidates must have a software development background.
- Designing and implementing security solutions, such as firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, and access control systems.
- Conducting security assessments and audits to identify vulnerabilities and develop remediation plans.
- Developing and implementing security policies, procedures, and standards to protect the organization's information systems and data.
- Managing security incidents and conducting forensic investigations to identify the root cause of security incidents.
- Monitoring security threats and vulnerabilities, and proactively implementing security measures to prevent security breaches.
- Developing and delivering security awareness training programs to educate employees about security risks and best practices.
- Collaborating with external auditors and regulatory bodies to ensure compliance with security regulations and standards.
- BA / BS Required
- 5+ years Security Engineering experience required.
- Proficient in Python/Java programming languages.
- Experienced in DevOps practices.
- Knowledgeable in PKI certificate management.
- Familiar with Cloud/Containerization technologies.
- Understanding of REST API design and implementation.
- Skilled in Security practices and principles.
- Experienced with Splunk and ELK stack for log management and data analysis (highly desirable).
- Knowledgeable in Vulnerability Management practices and tools.
- Skilled in Secure Code Reviews for identifying security vulnerabilities in software code.
- Experienced with Power BI for data visualization and reporting.
- Worked as/with ISSOs or Security Engineers, gaining valuable experience in security practices and principles (highly desirable).
- Must have an active or recently deactivated Custom Borders Patrol Background Investigation (CBP BI).
System One, and its subsidiaries including Joulé, ALTA IT Services, CM Access, and MOUNTAIN, LTD., are leaders in delivering outsourced services and workforce solutions across North America. We help clients get work done more efficiently and economically, without compromising quality. System One not only serves as a valued partner for our clients, but we offer eligible employees health and welfare benefits coverage options including medical, dental, vision, spending accounts, life insurance, voluntary plans, as well as participation in a 401(k) plan.
System One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, family care or medical leave status, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Network Engineercolumbia, Maryland
Network Engineer Contract to hire Columbia, MD Onsite for training, then 1 day a week onsite-must be local to Washington DC area Summary: Designing, implementing, maintaining, and supporting the organization's network infrastructure to meet performance...Date Posted: 05/31/2023 Recommended
Senior Network Engineer - Server & StorageColumbia, Maryland
Senior Network Engineer - Server & Storage Permanent role Hybrid (3 days onsite in Washington, DC) Per client requirement, candidates must be US Citizens or green card holders The key responsibilities are: VMware, Windows Active Directory, Group Policy...Date Posted: 04/26/2023 Recommended
IT Infrastructure EngineerWinter Park, Florida
System One is seeking a IT Infrastructure Engineer for an onsite opportunity in Winter Park, FL. Job Summary As an IT Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of our organization's technological infrastructure,...Date Posted: 04/18/2023 Recommended
Senior Network EngineerColumbia, Maryland
Senior Network Engineer Washington, DC-Hybrid Direct Hire-No C2C Summary The Senior Network Engineer’s role is to develop, maintain, troubleshoot and optimize functional and secure networks and network connections to ensure high levels of availability ...Date Posted: 03/15/2023 Recommended
Sr. Test Automation EngineerTopeka, KS
Role: At an advanced level of proficiency, applies technical and team leadership skills in working with Test Automation Engineers and Business Technology staff to develop, maintain and support automated testing for new and existing software application...Date Posted: 05/15/2023 Recommended
Senior DevOps Engineer - HybridArlington, VA
Senior DevOps Engineer - Active Secret clearance is a must; US Citizen 6 month contract to permanent 2 days a week in office - Arlington VA $80-$90/hr (some flexibility) Responsibilities: •Design, develop, and build an automated CI/CD pipeline to deliv...Date Posted: 06/02/2023 Recommended
Cyber Software EngineerFort Bragg, North Carolina
System One is seeking a Top Secret Cleared Cyber Software Engineer for a long-term opportunity in Fayetteville, NC. Designs, develops, documents, tests, and maintains full spectrum cyber solutions. Develops and automates secure systems to support cyber...Date Posted: 04/07/2023 Recommended
Engineer 4Los Alamos, NM
System One is seeking to contract with Senior Design Engineers to support our client’s Plutonium Facilities Engineering Rapid Response Team. The successful candidates will have a background in electrical and civil/structural engineering disciplines. Al...Date Posted: 05/24/2023 Recommended
Azure Identity Engineer - RemoteReston, Virginia
Must be US Citizen able to obtain Public Trust before starting Azure Identity Engineer Position Type: 7 month contract Fully Remote ALTA IT Services is seeking an Azure Identity Engineer to work remotely for a mid-sized government contractor. The Engin...Date Posted: 05/11/2023 Recommended
Software Engineer -Chantilly, Virginia
Senior IT Security Engineer-Perimeter DefenseWashington, District Of Columbia
Senior IT Security Engineer - Perimeter Defense Washington, DC-Hybrid Direct Hire No C2C or layers Summary: The Senior IT Security Engineer is a vital member of the engineering team responsible for architecting, designing, building, maintaining, and su...Date Posted: 06/02/2023 Recommended
Senior IT Security EngineerColumbia, Maryland
Senior IT Security Engineer Direct Hire/No layers/No C2C Washington DC/Hybrid Summary: The Senior IT Security Engineer is part of a team of engineers who architect, design, build, maintain, and support the Firm’s portfolio of security technologies and ...Date Posted: 04/25/2023 Recommended
Azure Identity EngineerReston, Virginia
If interested - REMOTE -please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text #301-252-8762. Tight timeframe to submit candidates :-) Azure Identity Engineer will assist in modernizing and migrating the current Active Directory infrastructure a...Date Posted: 05/11/2023 Recommended
Cyber Systems Security EngineerFort Worth, Texas
System One is seeking Cyber System Security Engineers with Active Secret Clearance for a long-term opportunity with a large Aerospace and Defense client in Fort Worth, TX. Position: Cyber Systems Security Engineer Location: Fort Worth, TX Level 3: 3+ y...Date Posted: 05/17/2023 Recommended
AV EngineerCentreville, Virginia
A/V Engineer Centreville, VA 20120 System One is seeking an A/V Engineer to execute the overall design, installation, and integration of A/V Systems Technologies and Video Conferencing throughout our client’s enterprise. This is a great opportunity to ...Date Posted: 05/26/2023 Recommended