Senior Core Mechanical Structural Analyst
Brand: System One
Compensation Range: 50.00 - 110.00 Per Hour
Job ID: 283478
Date Posted: 01/25/2023
Start Date: 05/17/2022
End Date: 05/17/2023
System One is seeking to remotely contract with a highly motivated Senior Core Mechanical Structural Analyst for our client. In this role, you will perform structural analyses under high temperature and neutron fluence environment to support design solutions for the conceptual and preliminary design development of various Reactor Core Components (RCC) and Core Support Systems (CSS) for our client's natrium reactor.
Candidates must have extensive experience in structural analysis and finite element analysis.
- Coordinate inputs and requirements from Engineering and Project teams
- Perform scoping analysis and calculations for design options.
- Interface with the team’s engineering analysis activities.
- Present structural analysis results to design reviews.
- Support continuous learning and applying nuclear industry best practices to maintain the highest quality of engineering design and proactively identify process change/enhancement opportunities.
- Education: B.S. degree in Mechanical engineering or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of ten years of structural analysis experience; relevant M.S. and Doctorate degrees may be credited for up to two and four years of experience.
- Familiarity with CAD, SolidWorks preferred.
- Experience in finite element stress analysis with emphasis on ABAQUS or ANSYS.
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA).
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience in scripting languages such as python or APDL.
- Working experience with design codes such as the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code (BP&V) Section III Div. I.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect, and a desire to foster teamwork.
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills, creative thinker.
- Ability to work with minimum direction to solve challenging problems.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently during a given work week.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience or familiarity with the rules of ASME Boiler Pressure Vessel Code Section III Division 5.
- Experience in ABAQUS in combination with python or ANSYS APDL
- Working experience with BPVC.III.5
- Previous experience in the nuclear industry.
- Familiarity with Object-Oriented Programming.
- Experience in seismic analysis; in particular, experience with response spectrum and time history modeling techniques per the requirements of ASCE 4, ASCE 7, or ASCE 43 is highly desirable.
System One, and its subsidiaries including Joulé, ALTA IT Services, CM Access, and MOUNTAIN, LTD., are leaders in delivering outsourced services and workforce solutions across North America. We help clients get work done more efficiently and economically, without compromising quality. System One not only serves as a valued partner for our clients, but we offer eligible employees health and welfare benefits coverage options including medical, dental, vision, spending accounts, life insurance, voluntary plans, as well as participation in a 401(k) plan.
System One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, family care or medical leave status, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Structural Analysis Engineer - ReactorBellevue, Washington
The Structural Analysis Engineer, Reactor is a dedicated position focused on analyzing the mechanical performance of various reactor core components, reactor structures, reactor vessels, and nuclear island components. The Structural Analysis Engineer, ...Date Posted: 02/08/2023 Recommended
Mechanical Design EngineerBellevue, WA
Mechanical Design Engineer In this role, you will create design solutions for the conceptual and preliminary design development of various reactor structures and components for the Natrium Generation IV Reactor. Candidates must have extensive experienc...Date Posted: 12/19/2022 Recommended
Stress Analysis Engineer, Fuel HandlingBellevue, Washington
Our Client is seeking to contract with, via agency vendor, highly motivated and forward-thinking professionals who are interested in focusing on advanced nuclear reactor research and development and influencing change within the nuclear power landscape...Date Posted: 02/08/2023 Recommended
Mechanical Codes and Methods EngineerBellevue, WA
System One has an immediate need for a Mechanical Codes and Methods Engineer who is interested in focusing on advanced nuclear reactor research and development and influencing change within the nuclear power landscape and bringing forward the critical ...Date Posted: 02/08/2023 Recommended
System Design Engineer (Aux Systems)Bellevue, WA
System Design Engineer (Aux Systems) The System Design Engineer reports to the System Design Manager and is focused on the design, interface, and oversight of tasks associated with the Auxiliary systems on the Natrium reactor. In this role, you will ac...Date Posted: 01/24/2023 Recommended
System Integration Engineer *REMOTE*Bellevue, WA
System One is seeking to contract with a highly motivated System Integration Engineer that will focus on Nuclear Island Systems Integration. This is a yearlong contract opportunity allowing remote support. In this role, you will act as a system design ...Date Posted: 01/26/2023 Recommended
Sr. Structural EngineerAiken, South Carolina
System One is seeking a Sr. Structural Engineer for a client in Aiken, South Carolina. We’re currently searching for motivated candidates to work onsite in Aiken, South Carolina who would like to expand their experience while engaging in these capabili...Date Posted: 02/01/2023 Recommended
Requirements Management EngineerBellevue, WA
Requirements Management Engineer System One is looking to contract with a highly motivated Requirements Management Engineer for one of our clients. This is a contract remote opportunity for at least 1 year. The Requirements Management Engineer reports ...Date Posted: 01/25/2023 Recommended
Civil EngineerNaperville, IL
Senior or Specialist Civil/Structural Engineer (E4/E5) Location Options: Naperville, IL /Atlanta, GA /Ridgeland, MS Known for the technical excellence of its’ employees, our client provides challenging work, opportunity for career growth, and flexible ...Date Posted: 01/30/2023 Recommended
I&C System Technical WriterBellevue, WA
I&C System Technical Writer Our client is seeking a highly motivated I&C Technical Writer. This position reports directly to the I&C Senior Manager. In this role, you will act as I&C Technical Writer for Sodium Fast Reactor technologies, including resp...Date Posted: 01/26/2023 Recommended
Engineering - Engineer, Piping Project: II (Intermediate)Lake Mary, FL
Purpose of Position: This position is responsible for developing piping system designs that meet code and contract/schedule requirements for Gas Turbine power projects in the Americas. Major Responsibilities and Activities: • Interpret and respond to p...Date Posted: 12/20/2022 Recommended
Structural EngineerMoon Township, Pennsylvania
Responsibilities: Possess an understanding of structural codes and standards Analyze structures using various structural engineering software programs such as STAAD, RAM, TEDDS, SP-MATS, and Hilti Profis for the design of buildings, building foundation...Date Posted: 11/17/2022 Recommended
Nuclear Methods EngineerBellevue, WA
Nuclear Methods Engineer Our client is seeking a highly motivated Nuclear Methods Engineer. In this role, you will support the nuclear methods team: Create formal documentation of nuclear methods software requirements, design, implementation, and testi...Date Posted: 12/19/2022 Recommended
Fuel Handling Test EngineerBellevue, WA
System One is seeking to hire a Fuel Handling Test Engineer that will focus on the testing of primarily mechanical Fuel Handling and process systems. This is a long-term contract opportunity located in Bellevue, WA (working onsite). Local candidates pr...Date Posted: 02/07/2023 Recommended
Design Control Process EngineerBellevue, Washington
Design Control Process Engineer Our Client is seeking to contract with a highly motivated Design Control Process Engineer that will focus on nuclear plant design engineering process development, oversight and maintenance. In this role, you will act as ...Date Posted: 01/25/2023 Recommended