Signalling T&C Tester
(6-12 months; night shifts)
• Prepares and executes Central Office Signalling testing activities and plans in support to the Metrolinx GTCS ATS Project for railway signalling under the direction of the T&C/TIC Manager, ATS Team lead and the Test and Commissioning Leader.
• Performs all specific testing activities according the approved testing procedures / documentation and project driven priorities.
• Responsible and accountable for diligent execution of the Central Office Signalling testing activities and support of other subsystems
• Responsible and accountable for reporting accurately Testing and Commissioning Issues related to the ATS Subsystem to management and support resolution
• Communicates with other subsystem T&C Leads to organize, manage, coordinate and provide support the various testing activities of all subsystems, including Installation.
• Adheres to Testing schedules and Testing plans as agreed with internal and external customers while maintaining a high quality level of work execution and customer satisfaction.
• Adaptable to variable Work schedule (including nights/weekends) to support customer closures /testing activities in this Brownfield environment as dictated by the customer site access, availability of resources and other conditions.
• Test execution and accountability for supporting troubleshooting and commissioning activities related to the Subsystem tools.
• Applies expertise to troubleshoot technical issues & supports investigation of issues with other subystems and peers.
• Performs activities with quality, customer expectations and efficiency in mind such as Test Results reporting, record keeping of results, configuration control, etc.
• Uses and adheres to the use of PPE as defined by the Project EHS plan, Alstom rules, and customer Safety requirements;
• Alerts the hierarchical superiors by any risk identified during the testing activities (Team Lead, Sub-System Design Leader, ATS Test and Commissioning Leader, T&C Manager, Project Manager, Regional Center T&C Manager, etc.)
• Reports on the anomalies arising during site testing and interfaces with engineering team towards resolution of anomalies.
• Leads or participates in technical discussions for his sub-system directly with customer and represents / protects the company’s interest.
Reports daily or weekly basis to the Team Lead and/or PrCOM/TIC on progress of testing activities and related issues.
• 3+ years of experience preferably in rail signaling industry and with Testing Experience as part of a T&C or V&V Team (i.e. ATS, OCC, BCC, TCC, CSS)
• Knowledge of IT networks and computer configurations.
• Knowledge of rail signaling (moving block / fixed block/CBTC) and HMI elements considered an asset.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
• Experience with Linux (RedHat/Ubuntu), SQL Database administration and/or Microsoft Server 2012
• Able to maintain project KPIs and tracking completion of testing activities using excel or equivalent tool
• Excellent Technical Writing skills for preparation of Test Reports and communicating Test Results/Issues at Technical and Managerial Team levels
• Experienced in communicating technically with external and internal stakeholders
• Experienced in resolving networking issues (Software and Harwdware)
• Knowledge of Networking (CISCO and AVAYA), Oracle 11g, Python 2/3, and Bash scripting considered an asset
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering technology (electrical/computer/networking) or 7 years equivalent experience in the industry.
• Valid "G" driver’s license with a clean record considered an asset
• Knowledge of Alstom Products considered an asset
Behavioural and Technical Skills / Competencies
• Strong ownership and accountability of activities assigned until completion and acceptance
• Team player, method and organization, sense of urgency, priority management, persuasive and team spirit, facilitating relationship, very good listener and ability to convey messages.
• Proactive in order to promptly solve technical issues and anticipate all technical difficulties
• Rigorous to perform T&C activities in an organized manner and good quality
• Good relationship and reporting skills to management and customer
• Strong attention to detail, time management and organization
• Strong initiative and professional demeanor
• Safety oriented with good communication skills
• Ability to be self motivated to learn from technical resources and documentation
• Punctual, reliable and responsible and eager to lead junior members