Social Media Strategist - Washington, DC 20591
System One has a temp to hire employment conversion opportunity for a Social Media Strategist to work in downtown D.C. The Social Media Strategist will be responsible for implementing FAA’s Social Media strategy in order to increase online presence and further the FAA mission. Will work closely with public affairs, web management and creative services groups to develop engaging content.
- 6 month temp to hire employment conversion
- Candidates local to Washington DC
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance to work with the FAA. The process to get cleared takes a few weeks.
- Develop, implement and manage FAA’s social media strategy
- Define most important social media key performance indicators
- Develop and oversee social media content
- Measure the success of social media campaigns
- Stay up to date with latest social media best practices and technologies
- Use social media marketing tools such as Meltwater
- Attend conferences and events and provide live social media support
The minimum requirements for this position are:
- Bachelor’s Degree Education, English, Journalism, History, Political Science, Marketing, Information Systems or equivalent degrees
- 5 years’ experience working in digital media (e.g., web communications, social media, online journalism & editorial, rich Internet applications, mobile communications, online advertising) with functional emphasis on social media, web communications, writing, editing, advertising, and publishing.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and other social media best practices
- Experience with doing audience research and reporting on social media metrics
- Excellent writing skills with demonstrated experience writing and editing web content.
- Skilled in web communications and marketing with demonstrated history of coordinating and managing projects in those areas.
- A working knowledge of web design and web development is required.
- Understanding of Usability and User Experience principles, web accessibility requirements, and Section 508 Compliance is highly desirable.
Skills must also include:
- Outstanding multitasking skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- A team player with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.