Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Sr. Development Scientist
Start Date: ASAP!!!
Duration: Direct Hire
Hours: Mon-Fri; 8am-5pm
Location: Somerset, NJ area
- PhD in Organic Chemistry, Synthetic Chemistry or related is required
- Minimum of at least 1 year industry experience, but ideally 3+ yrs. Industry experience
- Someone with a Synthetic Chemistry background, but ideally an organic chemistry background
- R&D background/experience
- Exceptional knowledge of organic chemistry and chemical safety.
- Broad analytical background with instruments such as HPLC, GC, ICP/OES, FTIR, DSC, NMR, GPC and UV/Vis
- Able to use Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and should be familiar with SciFinder, ChemDraw and patent searching skills.
- Should have demonstrated ability to take a new chemical from lab to full scale commercial production
- Candidates with cGMP experience will be given extra consideration
"Nice to Haves":
- Strong consideration will be given to candidates with a proven track record in difficult multi-step organic synthesis.
- Design scalable routes of chemical synthesis for compounds or polymers of interest up to the 2000 gal scale.
- Identify and optimize processes of current commercially produced products as part of our continuous improvement program.
- Characterize the products of chemical reactions using appropriate instrumentation
- Write clear and concise project reports at the end of lab development or for customers to appropriately summarize synthesis, analytical, and all learnings.
- Work with chemical engineer(s) in scaling chemical processes from lab to plant.
- Maintain detailed laboratory notebook.
- Maintain a safe and clean laboratory workspace.
- Help train and mentor new laboratory chemists with both laboratory safety and technical training.
- Ensure that the appropriate PPE is utilized, and help identify appropriate PPE for safe chemical handling by plant personnel during process scale-ups.
- Willingness to travel occasionally for product transfers to other production facilities.
- Generate and evaluate analytical packet SOP’s in conjunction with QC department