Sr. Electrical Designer
Brand: System One
Job ID: 287700
Date Posted: 09/23/2022
Start Date: 08/22/2022
End Date: 02/24/2023
Senior Electrical Designer
System One is seeking a Senior Electrical Designer to support an electrical engineering team designing power generation plants and other industrial plants including but not limited to gas fired, coal fired power plants or oil & gas and petrochemicals. Senior Electrical Designer will prepare engineering drawing and schematic of varies electrical systems and components. This position is in Houston, TX.
Senior Electrical Designer Responsibilities:
- Prepare sketches of ideas, detailed drawings, illustrations, or blueprints, using drafting instruments, or computer-aided design equipment.
- Design and develop a complete set of electrical construction drawings utilizing 2-D and 3-D CAD skills with the ability to work in and reference 3D models.
- Exercise independent judgment by utilizing the correct design criteria based on knowledge from vendor data and project scope.
- Perform a complete design check of lower-level designers, by project assignment, to assure applicable code standards, design standards, accuracy, spelling and design completeness.
- Review manufacturers drawings and other discipline drawings and any existing plan drawings for physical interferences.
- Communicate with the project electrical engineer and other disciplines to resolve any design problems with the manufacturer’s drawings or interferences.
- Supervises and directs other designers and drafters during the development of project design tasks.
- Assure the company quality assurance procedures are followed in completion of assigned tasks.
- Provides technical support for client inquiries. Demonstrate the ability to develop material specifications, requisitions for purchase. Creates complex contractor scopes of work and provides unassisted field management.
- Communicate with the project engineer and other disciplines to resolve any design problems with the manufacturer’s drawings or interferences.
- Assure the company quality assurance procedures are followed in completion of assigned tasks
Senior Electrical Designer Requirements:
- Associates Degree with adequate drafting courses.
- Must have 12+ years of experience working as an Electrical designer.
- Heavy electrical designer (electronics, manufacturing experience is irrelevant) experience and working knowledge of grounding, lighting and power design, cable tray, duct bank layouts and grounding design as well as I&C experience.
- Extensive knowledge of NEC code and electrical industry standards.2D and 3D CAD experience required.
- AutoCAD, CADWORX and MicroStation experience
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Salary will be commensurate with experience. May be required to travel to plant sites.
System One maintains a drug-free workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
System One, and its subsidiaries including Joulé, ALTA IT Services, CM Access, and MOUNTAIN, LTD., are leaders in delivering outsourced services and workforce solutions across North America. We help clients get work done more efficiently and economically, without compromising quality. System One not only serves as a valued partner for our clients, but we offer eligible full-time employees health and welfare benefits coverage options including medical, dental, vision, spending accounts, life insurance, voluntary plans, as well as participation in a 401(k) plan.
System One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, family care or medical leave status, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Senior Mechanical HVAC Engineer, PEHouston, TX
Mid-Size firm is searching for Senior Mechanical Engineer in Houston Reports to Team Leader Qualifications: The Senior Mechanical Engineer will have overall responsibilities for the mechanical design on a project. The position will collaborate and dire...Date Posted: 07/07/2022 Recommended
Mechanical DesignerHouston, Texas
Six (6) Month Contract Opportunity + Not remote or hybrid, will need to be able to work onsite at Houston office or customer's fabrication shop. Job Summary: Prepare design layouts, detail and assembly drawings, bills of materials, and schedule complet...Date Posted: 09/18/2022 Recommended
Electrical Engineer, P.EHouston, TX
System One is seeking an Electrical Design Engineer with an innovative engineering firm in the Houston, TX area! The Electrical Design Engineer is responsible for meeting firms engineering quality levels for discipline on assigned projects. Oversees de...Date Posted: 07/12/2022 Recommended
Hardware DesignerMansfield, MA
System One is seeking a talented Hardware Designer to join our client's I&C Engineering Team. This is a 6 month contract position working onsite in Mansfield, MA. The I&C project engineering team focuses on control system solutions for our nuclear cust...Date Posted: 09/06/2022 Recommended
Electrical Engineer IISan Antonio, TX
Electrical Engineer II / Remote System One has a temp to hire employment conversion opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to support our clients federal client. The Electrical Engineer II will be qualified in wiring up small buildings and office tenan...Date Posted: 09/21/2022 Recommended
DesignerSpringfield, New Jersey
SUMMARY Prepare formal detail piece part and assembly drawings from preliminary design sketches, specifications and other engineering input Designing pneumatic and or fluid control components Utilize and incorporate typical aerospace design, quality an...Date Posted: 09/12/2022 Recommended
Remote Sr. Project EngineerHouston , Texas
System One is seeking a Senior Project Engineer for a direct hire position. Purpose of Position: The Project Engineer leads the engineering and design team, assuming overall responsibility for successful technical project execution. The Project Enginee...Date Posted: 07/27/2022 Recommended
Electrical DesignerWarrendale, Pennsylvania
Electrical Designer Responsibilities: Coordinate with electrical engineer to develop electrical equipment layout, single line, embedded conduit, cable tray, heat trace, interconnecting wiring, lighting and grounding drawings Evaluate and resolve proble...Date Posted: 07/29/2022 Recommended
Senior Electrical Engineer, P.EDallas, TX
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for: Designing electrical systems including lighting, power, fire alarm, telecom and security. Development of calculations for lighting systems and associated controls. Development of electrical ...Date Posted: 08/26/2022 Recommended
Remote Project EngineerHouston , Texas
System One is seeking a Project Engineer for a direct hire position. Purpose of Position: The Principle Project Engineer leads the equipment project engineers as well as engineering and design team, assuming overall responsibility for successful techni...Date Posted: 07/27/2022 Recommended
DesignerLa Crosse, Wisconsin
Designer I La Crosse, WI System One is currently seeking a Designer I on a 12-month contract position located in La Crosse, WI. This position will be with our client, a utility holding company serving more than 3.3 million electric customers and 1.8 mi...Date Posted: 08/30/2022 Recommended
Warehouse OperatorHouston, TX
System One is actively seeking a Warehouse Operator in Houston TX. Job Description: Under some supervision, follow established procedures and guidelines to receive, handle, store, perform system transactions and dispatch goods in a factory or warehouse...Date Posted: 09/16/2022 Recommended
Sr. RecruiterHouston, TX
System One is seeking a Sr. Recruiter for a contract position in Houston, Tx. This is an exciting opportunity on the People and Culture's Workforce Planning and Staffing Team, supporting field maintenance and TAR leadership with forecasting hiring need...Date Posted: 07/25/2022 Recommended
Structural Layout Designer / DrafterKansas City, MO
Provides design and drafting skills for projects. May include detail component drawings, structural steel details, systems and structural layout work. Works with the Project Engineer and other departmental personnel. Research various structural design ...Date Posted: 09/12/2022 Recommended
Project Engineer - Rotating Equipment (Mechanical / Electrical)Houston , Texas
System One is assisting our client in hiring on a Project Engineer for a 6 month contract to hire role. This role is 100% on site. Office is located in Northwest Houston (NW B8) 5 years of relevant experience, with rotating equipment such as compressor...Date Posted: 09/22/2022 Recommended