Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Senior Scientist
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
- Execution of experimental protocols for developing/optimizing manufacturing processes
- Development of scalable, production processes for cell culture and fermentation producing recombinant proteins and recombinant viruses.
- Identifying appropriate equipment and process scale and technology transfer to manufacturing for candidate proteins to be used as vaccines and/or therapeutics.
- Trouble shooting and maintenance of cell culture and fermentation systems
- Develop Harvest, Clarification and Recovery processes utilizing standard methods including centrifugation and multiple forms of filtration.
- Preparation of experimental protocols, Operational and Maintenance Equipment SOPs and Manufacturing Batch Records.
- Review of documentation such as Technology Development Reports, Technology Transfer Protocols,
- Train other members of the development services and manufacturing team in cell culture and microbial fermentation techniques.
- Ph.D. or MS degree in biology, biochemistry, engineering required. 5 plus years of related experience with Ph.D. and 10 years with Masters; includes post-doctoral experience or BS with 13-15 years’ experience depending on area of responsibility.
- Extensive knowledge of bioprocess unit operations specifically protein biochemistry and protein purification required.
- Hands on experience using cell culture and fermentation production equipment including cell stack and roller bottles, AMBR microreactors, iCELLs reactors, standard 1 to 10 L reactors like the Sartorious series, and GE SUBs, as well as centrifugation and various filtration systems.
- Matrix based experimental design is required and experience with DOE highly desirable.
- Knowledge and/or experience with upstream fermentation/recovery are also important. Understanding of Design of Experiments and knowledge of JMP software
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.