System Design Instrumentation & Controls Engineer
Brand: System One
Job ID: 288980
Date Posted: 11/28/2022
Start Date: 09/07/2022
End Date: 09/07/2023
System One Is seeking to contract with a highly motivated Instrumentation and Controls Engineer. In this role, you will act as I&C Engineer for our client's advanced nuclear reactor projects, including responsibility for the instrument and control system design, prototype development and testing, plant level system integration and commissioning. Your role will include interfacing with a team of scientists and engineers internal and external to to our client. You will also identify, specify, and integrate custom instrumentation with advanced control systems for next generation advanced nuclear reactor.
- Responsible for coordinating geographically diverse and international design team members to develop supporting design documentation. The design team members include client employees, subcontracted resources, partner employees, and customers.
- Lead design efforts of I&C and supporting electrical systems (sub-system) from requirements through final design.
- Perform engineering and design evaluations in the application of nuclear codes and standards, licensing requirements, and NRC regulations.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to engineers in applicable nuclear and non-nuclear related design standards.
- Specify and describe suitability of instrumentation measurement techniques for use in sodium fast reactor and integrated energy storage technologies, including analysis of measurement range, response time, and measurement accuracy.
- Identify and ensure effective application of correct design codes such as IEEE, etc.
- Analyze and apply regulatory criteria and standards to complex Instrumentation and Control system design.
- Develop and review technical design documents, such as System Requirements Documents, System Design Descriptions, Interface Control Documents, Engineering Design Specifications, etc.
- Create and manage drawing packages of system and sub-system designs, including but not limited to control system architecture, control logic and loop diagrams, and instrument installation drawings, etc.
- Generate integrated design package for key systems and sub-systems.
- Provide technical direction and oversight of supplier projects, working with the contract administrator to ensure delivery of data and other deliverables to meet our client's requirements, as well as coordination and performance of technical reviews of deliverables.
- Support continuous learning and application of nuclear industry best practices in order to maintain the highest quality of engineering design and proactively identify process change/enhancement opportunities.
- Integrate I&C with work of other disciplines, engineers, scientists, and subject matter experts.
- Interface with and support licensing activities associated with Safety Analysis Reports.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- B.S. or higher in Controls, Electrical, or related discipline from an accredited university and 5+ years direct experience with proven instrumentation and controls systems skills.
- Candidates must have extensive experience in instrumentation and controls development, diagnostics, and a demonstrated ability to design and deliver industrial I&C platforms and report data accordingly.
- Previous experience with nuclear reactor safety systems or nuclear instrumentation systems design desired.
- Familiar with IEEE 379, IEEE 603, IEEE 7-4.3.2 and IEEE 497, desired but not required.
- Familiarity with implementing design control and development in accordance with nuclear power plant quality assurance (e.g. 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, ASME NQA-1).
- Experience designing and operating high-temperature (400°C and higher) processes desired but not required.
- Ability to handle projects that include many competing objectives and design constraints, with ability to resolve conflicts between objectives.
- Familiarity with working with and/or developing industrial process flow diagrams (PFD) and piping & instrument diagrams (P&ID) desired but not required.
- Experience with CAD software to deliver design deliverables (e.g. AutoCAD Standard, AutoCAD Electrical, or SolidWorks).
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and aspiration for technical excellence.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and possess ability to coordinate and lead a design team’s effort with minimal direction.
- Ability to work on multiple simultaneous tasks that require a multi-disciplinary approach.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, able to communicate openly, and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
System One, and its subsidiaries including Joulé, ALTA IT Services, CM Access, and MOUNTAIN, LTD., are leaders in delivering outsourced services and workforce solutions across North America. We help clients get work done more efficiently and economically, without compromising quality. System One not only serves as a valued partner for our clients, but we offer eligible full-time employees health and welfare benefits coverage options including medical, dental, vision, spending accounts, life insurance, voluntary plans, as well as participation in a 401(k) plan.
System One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, family care or medical leave status, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Fuel Handling I&C EngineerBellevue, WA
System One is seeking to contract with a highly motivated Fuel Handling Instrumentation and Controls Engineer. In this role, you will work as I&C Engineer for our client's advanced nuclear reactor projects in the fuel handling area, including responsib...Date Posted: 11/28/2022 Recommended
I&C System Technical WriterBellevue, WA
I&C System Technical Writer Our client is seeking a highly motivated I&C Technical Writer. This position reports directly to the I&C Senior Manager. In this role, you will act as I&C Technical Writer for Sodium Fast Reactor technologies, including resp...Date Posted: 10/07/2022 Recommended
Digital Instrumentation & Control (DI&C) Procurement EngineerBellevue, WA
System One is seeking to contract with a highly motivated DI&C Procurement Engineer. In this role, you will act as the DI&C Procurement Engineer for Sodium Fast Reactor technologies, including responsibility for a broad range of procurement activities ...Date Posted: 11/28/2022 Recommended
System Design Engineer (Chemical/Gas)Bellevue, WA
System One is seeking to contract with a System Design Engineer. The System Design Engineer reports to the System Design Manager and is focused on process systems design, analysis, systems engineering and engineering oversight. In this role, you will a...Date Posted: 11/28/2022 Recommended
Electrical Engineer - System DesignBellevue, WA
System One is seeking to contract with a highly motivated Electrical Engineer. This is a yearlong contract opportunity and can be supported remotely. In this role, you will act as the Electrical Engineer for our client’s advanced nuclear reactor projec...Date Posted: 11/21/2022 Recommended
System Design Electrical EngineerBellevue, WA
System One is seeking to contract with a highly motivated Electrical Engineer. This position reports directly to the System Design Manager. In this role, you will act as the Electrical Engineer for our client's advanced nuclear reactor projects, includ...Date Posted: 10/24/2022 Recommended
Senior Fuel Handling System Test EngineerBellevue, WA
System One is seeking a highly motivated Fuel Handling System Test Engineer that will focus on the testing of primarily mechanical Fuel Handling and process systems. This is a year long, remote contract position. In this role, you will act as a system ...Date Posted: 11/21/2022 Recommended
Nuclear Process System Integration EngineerBellevue, WA
Nuclear Process System Integration Engineer Our Client, an innovator in 4th generation nuclear engineering is seeking to contract with a highly motivated System Design Engineer that will focus on Nuclear Island Systems Integration with a focus on nucle...Date Posted: 10/18/2022 Recommended
Senior Mechanical Design EngineerBellevue, Washington
System One's Client is seeking a highly motivated Senior Mechanical Design Engineer. This position reports directly to the System Design Manager. In this role, you will create equipment design solutions, 3D CAD models and engineering drawings, and comp...Date Posted: 11/28/2022 Recommended
Instrumentation and Controls Design EngineerAiken , South Carolina
System One is seeking to contract with an Instrumentation Controls Design Engineer for our client's Plutonium Processing Facility. Job Description Engineering analysis Construction site walkdowns, must be able perform weekly field walk downs of the job...Date Posted: 11/17/2022 Recommended
I&C PlannerColumbia, Alabama
System One is actively seeking a I&C Planner in Columbia AL The Nuclear Planning Specialist develops project work order plans used to support modifications. The successful candidate will be adept at standard Microsoft Office Suite computer tools and mu...Date Posted: 11/15/2022 Recommended
Sr Electromechanical TechnicianGaithersburg, Maryland
Title: Sr Electromechanical Technician Location: Gaithersburg, MD Schedule: 9AM-5PM Type: Direct-Hire/Permenant Start date: ASAP Responsibilities: • Assembles electrical and mechanical sub-systems. • Calibrates and tests instrument using multimeter, os...Date Posted: 10/18/2022 Recommended
Systems Integration EngineerSeattle, WA
System One is seeking is seeking a highly motivated Systems Integration Engineer for our client to support the engineering efforts of developing and bringing to market Radioisotope Power System (RPS) technologies. In this role you will: Develop and con...Date Posted: 12/02/2022 Recommended
System Integration EngineerBellevue, WA
System Integration Engineer (Requirements Development) The System Integration Engineer (Requirements Development) is a position focused on the integrated design of plant systems, structures, and integrated analysis of the facility. Specifically for the...Date Posted: 09/12/2022 Recommended
Instrumentation & Controls SupervisorKillona, Louisiana
System One has an immediate need for an Instrumentation & Controls Supervisor, Maintenance in Killona, LA. This is a direct hire opportunity at Waterford offering a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and relocation assistance (if applicable). A...Date Posted: 11/21/2022 Recommended