(1 year contract, night shift)
Site Safety Management:
- Monitors performances site EHS and RSA –Railway Safety, reports and anticipates issues.
- Primarily responsible to observe and record site safety issues.
- Contributes towards recording issues related to work progress on site.
- Inspecting construction sites on daily basis to identify and eliminate potential safety hazards.
- Prepare and submit daily observation reports to the installation manager.
- Make recommendations to the contractor on site to minimize work-related accidents and injuries.
- Handling site accidents in accordance with established accident protocol.
- Maintaining an accurate record of safety incidents observed on site.
- Analyzing work plans on site to ensure that construction projects meet safety standards.
- Recommending changes to construction operations or procedures to increase efficiency.
- Adheres to Alstom Zero Deviation policies and makes sure to recommend installer or sub-contractor or partner to follow the Alstom EHS polices.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Construction Science, Civil Engineering or related field is preferred.
- Short terms contract 1year with probability of extension.
- Available to work night shifts and weekends.
- Proven experience working as an Site H&S Inspector .
- Proven experience related to Railway construction.
- Sound knowledge of building codes and local construction safety regulations.
- Knowledge related to TWSI (track Work Safety Instruction)and CROR (Canadian Rail Operation Rules) standards.
- Excellent Organizational and Communication skills.
- Asset if prior experience working on Metrolinx projects.
- Valid drivers license.
- Willing and available to work overnight