START DATE WILL BE IN JANUARY 2021
UXO Sweep Personnel - Gila Bend, AZ 85337
UXO = Unexploded Ordnance
System One has openings for UXO Sweep Personnel to support our client’s Goldwater Range Unexploded Ordnance Sweep Project in the Sonoran Desert. The UXO Sweep Personnel must be able to walk at least 10+ miles per day as explained in the position overview below.
Will be required to have the OSHA HAZWOPER 40-hour Certification with current 8-hour refresher (if needed) prior to start date in addition to Drug Screen / Background Check / Physical.
Project: Goldwater Range / Sonoran Desert / Very rough terrain !
Start date: ~ January 2021
Duration: 2 months
40-50 hours per week
NO relocation or per diem
Pay Rate: $24.57/hr.
OT Rate: $36.85/hr.
H&W Pay Rate: $4.13/hr.
Ability to walk at least 10+ miles each day
Personnel for this project are required to have:
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency only
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40-Hour Certification (current 8-Hour annual refresher if needed)
- Valid physical compliant with OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 (f)
- Two forms of identification and will be required to complete the Installation Access Affidavit
- While under the supervision of UXO Qualified Personnel, walk on a sweep line while observing the ground surface and notifying the UXO Qualified Personnel of non-native items / debris on or protruding from the ground surface.
- Individuals must be physically fit and able to walk 10+ miles per day.
- Perform duties as described below to assist with the visual observation and identification of possible military munitions within approximately 40,000-acres of Sonoran desert terrain.
- At NO TIME will Sweep Personnel be required / allowed, to excavate, touch or handle items or debris that has not first been inspected by UXO Qualified Personnel and deemed to contain no explosive or incendiary materials or residue.
- Sweep Personnel will not be involved in the execution of explosive operations, but may be required to perform duties as a road guard (in safety zone) during explosive operations.
- Perform non- MEC duties (munitions and explosives of concern) as directed by the contractors on-site managers to assist in the day-to-day site operations.