Category: Scientific & Clinical
Applications are sought for a motivated and experienced X-Ray Florescence Lab (XRF) Technician in the King of Prussia, PA area. Please send your updated resume today for consideration for this great opportunity!
- Perform routine and non-routine analytical procedures that serve to characterize the properties, function, or composition of catalytic materials or materials of catalytic interest.
- Supports Development and Application groups through participation in all aspects of catalyst analysis including but not limited to: laboratory experiments, sample preparation, sample testing, test method development, interpretation, and experimental summaries.
- The ideal candidate will provide support to the broader analytical team and as such will be willing and able to learn multiple areas within the analytical services laboratory as requested.
- Initial focus will be in X-ray Fluorescence Lab (XRF) from standards preparation through analysis of materials to support ECT Global Operations. Materials are generally honeycomb substrates with and without washcoat catalytic materials as well as raw materials used in their manufacturer.
- The technician will be set up and operate equipment, perform testing according to test requirements, record data as needed, calculate test results, compare results to specification, evaluate results for errors, report data, etc.
- Prepares and evaluates samples (sampling, pressed powders, glass beads, etc.) according to prescribed procedures and supervisory requirements for both routine and non-routine sample analyses.
- Designs and/or prepares raw materials, standards, and verification samples according to Standards Request Form (SRF) ensuring compliance to request and that fulfillment timings are met.
- Independent or complete responsibility for operation, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of various instruments used in preparation and analysis of raw materials, samples, and standard materials.
- Prepares instrument application documentation, and supporting data for review with senior staff and customers as needed.
- Reporting of analytical data using pre-existing data systems and ability to recognize erroneous data.
- Participates in troubleshooting as guided by senior staff to investigate difficulties associated with analytical procedures, techniques, or production protocols.
- Participates in new process developments and continuous improvement activities involving others for input to assure advancement of group capability and efficiency.
- Prepares supporting documentation (such as procedures, governing documents, and operating instructions) for review or finalization
- Works with multiple sites to ship materials, transfer procedures, and aid in troubleshooting of XRF equipment, practices, and procedures.
- Adheres to best practice protocols established for good lab practices (GLP).
- Adheres to all TS16949 and ISO14001 procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry
- 6 months-4 years of experience with X-ray Florescence (XRF), its operating software, and the related sample preparation procedures preferred.
- As this is a service group, the ideal candidate must possess a customer focus; be respectful and team oriented; able to build strong working relationships and augment a positive work environment.
- Good mechanical skills preferred.
- Must be able to lift 20lbs frequently and be willing and able to use full-face respirator as needed.